General Few Questions please....

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
Rutland :)
....I will soon to be picking my Yellow Ibiza Mk3 Cupra up but would like to know the following questions if you would all so kindly hjelp me.....

1: Is it possible to fit an aftermarket head-unit without hacking away at the dash?

2: How you would add a subwoofer or amplifier if it is a standard headunit? - Are there any pre-amps outputs as standard?

3: If i was to add some alloys to the vehicle, could i add 17's wihout loosing too much speed and what dimensions would i need?? Are they 4 studs with 100mm offset?

4: What is the best exhaust to get and from where??

5: Is it possible to get a re-circ dump valve that blow-offs aswell?

Thanks.

Dallan

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Welcome mate

1. yes can - some have it under the steering wheel, in the glove box or the neatest one ive seen is someone had the face in the roof by the interior light -

2. im sure you can - although never done it myself -

3.not really clued up on dimensions but as for 17's loosing speed - i doubt you will loose anything majorly noticeable with smaller alloys

4. the two most common ones are scorpian and miltek - scorpian is apparently slightly louder - ive got miltek and prefer the not soo loud but noticible sound -

5.yes you can - forge do one where it recirculates and gives a sound of a blow off valve - wont be as loud as your average dump valve -

You can search the forum and all your points would have been covered - the dump valve question more so then any of the others -

ooo and a handy tip - get your self vag com aswell -

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
thanks sharky,

most questions answered although still some awaiting reply about

so glad that i've found a forum that doesn'yt frown on easily answered questions

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
2: How you would add a subwoofer or amplifier if it is a standard headunit? - Are there any pre-amps outputs as standard?

No there are no pre-outs however you can either buy a blaupunkt adaptor that plugs into the back of the headunit and gives you some pre-outs or you can get a RCA adaptor that will plug into your rear speakers and give you pre-outs that way or you can get a amp with a hi level input and you can take a input straight from the rear speakers into the amp

4: What is the best exhaust to get and from where??

Milltek apparantly doesnt give that much of a performance gain, however I've heard something about blueflame...

5: Is it possible to get a re-circ dump valve that blow-offs aswell?

as said above Forge have developed a Split-R valve with sort of a half blow off valve, doesnt sound like others though

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
right well i'd relaly like to keep the standard facia unit so i think i'll just have to get the blaupunkt add on.

can someone [lease tell me what ihi means??

thanks

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
so....who knows where it is possible to get a blueflame exhaust from?? - i live in melton mowbray in hte midlands near leicester/peterborough/noittingham area