General Maintainance

stevie16v

Apr 25, 2008
I am looking at maybe putting together a wee post on general maintenance etc for specifically the tdis, although can include petrol engines aswell. What im looking for is things that people dont normally think of, eg not oil changes etc but for example my old vec i had to clean the Idle air control valve and throttle body etc. SO what is there on the leon that could be included in cleaning? I'll try and make a full post so as everyone can get easy access to it

stevie16v

Apr 25, 2008
I'll be trying my best guys, I am just going to build it up, But i could do with a bit of help from other members aswell. I aint going to steal it and take all their credit! Im quite new to seat and diesel so thats why everybody chipping in could be good :)

stevie16v

Apr 25, 2008
Should be able to get it off to a good start. However, due to the cost i wont be doing it all at once! lol
Just done a sevrice the other day, But didnt take pics. Think what i'll do is get clicking and get soemthing put together

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
occasional checks on

EGR / oil build up in boost pipes.
boost hose connections
free moving of the turbo actuator, either with craigs wd40 or by driving properly

just off the top of my head

Off to a good start. Can the more experienced diesel members shed some light on the subjects above?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Cleaning of the map sensor once a month will keep the smoke down.
Mine had been smoking a little more than usual last week so I cleaned my map sensor and it has cut the smoke down quite a lot. It obviously gets coated in oil that is carried in the boost pipes.
Glynn

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
mafmap.jpg

Is this right anyone?

rodger

Aug 16, 2007
Glasgow
Nice one. Is it just a case of removing them and cleaning with a clean cloth or do you need to use a specific cleaning solution?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.