genuine vagcom and central locking problems

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
hi guys, after having lots of problems, found a guy who's a bit of a whizz on vagcom for vw's and he said it would no bother to reinstall remote unlocking keys using vagcom, said he's done it countless times on golfs and bora's

problem is he started up vagcom, got some skc code no bother, then went about trying to change to number of remote keys coded to 0, so he could reset the keys stored in the memory.

problem is it wouldnt reset to 0, and he couldnt pair up the new remotes i had.

the car is a 2001 toledo. i bought the car with a remote key, but it never actually worked, so trying to get the remote function set up. ive replaced central locking modules on the doors as well which gets the normal central locking working now (which didnt work previously)

any advice??

also did all toledo's come with remote central locking/ alarm?? could i be trying to get this sorted and it wasnt actually installed as a factory option??:blink:

cheers guys in advance.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Your in the Leon section, be off with yourself and your boot !!!!!!

Seriously heard this before about it not matching up, have a search.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is it just the remote locking bit you need working ?

do the keys start the car ok (immob wise etc)

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
ive got the same prob on my toledo. i can lock/unlock from doors but remote dont work have tried to resync but still not luck.... also do any of you peeps know if the remote from a 2007 golf work on mine ??? its the 3 button one

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
Your in the Leon section, be off with yourself and your boot !!!!!!

Seriously heard this before about it not matching up, have a search.

sorry buddy- reckoned as its a combined leon/toledo problem guys wouldnt mind...... seeing since i get any luck searching! :cry: