Getting it cleaner fast...

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Hey all, so have the mot Tuesday, liking the underside of it to be clean i.e springs, shocks arches stuff like that, looking to jet wash it to hell. Anyone recommend a degreaser spray or foam that sits on then blast off?
Cheers all.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Maybe @AP Alex can help with that, personally I'd expect a citrus spray on everything then dwell for a few minutes then jet wash off...
Will it fail the MOT if it doesn't smell nice? :roflmao:
Ah found it...
MOT inspection manual: cars and passenger vehicles
Section 4 - Refusal to Test
j. If it smells, other than citrus.

(Just kidding!!) :D

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
This is worrying but when cleaning up my calipers ( removing brake dust etc) I was using brake cleaner.
Was doing nothing.
Used wheel cleaner from Demon Wheels and it stripped the brake dust off with ease. I was shocked at the difference.
It’s pretty cheap too. Eats through grime with ease.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: supersticky

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This is worrying but when cleaning up my calipers ( removing brake dust etc) I was using brake cleaner.
Was doing nothing.
Used wheel cleaner from Demon Wheels and it stripped the brake dust off with ease. I was shocked at the difference.
It’s pretty cheap too. Eats through grime with ease.

Is demon wheels just hydrochloric acid lol

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Ironically, brake cleaner isn't really for cleaning calipers, it's a volatile degreaser for removing gunk off brake discs :D . Any wheel cleaner will clean calipers, as the post above says, they're often just acid solutions that are really good at removing brake dust.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A word of caution - ensure any dedicated wheel cleaners used are ph neutral. Acid based cleaners are an absolute ‘no-no’ IMO, especially on diamond cut alloys as the cleaner will degrade the lacquered surface and at best, result in a dull finish on the wheel. At worst, the wheel will take on an appearance similar to white worm corrosion.

I clean my brake calipers (and the barrels of the wheels) as part of my normal car washing routine and find that by cleaning the car every couple of weeks. I find I don’t need to use anything stronger than the normal car washing shampoo and water solution, with a soft bristled detailing brush and my Wheel Woolies.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Forgot to say I don’t use the demon shine crud to clean my wheels and calipers.
I used it to rip the crud off when I was refurbishing my calipers so were also being sanded back after cleaning.

Mar 8, 2021
Glasgow
Car detailing is the process of cleaning and protecting your vehicle to keep it looking brand new and protected from the elements. Unlike basic car washing, it involves a lot more work. Before we even touch the car we go through a minimum of 2 stages of pre washing. All the exterior and interior parts of the car get cleaned on our full valets and details.Scratches,swirls stains, dirt, dust, smells, or any other types of contaminants can be reduced or removed entirely. Our car detailers carry out all the necessary procedures to ensure that your car looks & feels fresh and appears like it just came from the showroom.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.