My 270K+ Leon, how many miles have you done?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Tips to keep them good.. Use them, they don't like sitting around.

And that's a fact. When I was doing 35k a year, all I had to do was change the tyres. Now I do around 2k, and there's always some grumble or shudder from the engine bay.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
holy thread revival.jpg

Last edited:

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Well, thought I'd see how everyone got on in the last couple of years.
Me? ASV Tdi, 260,000 ish,
Original cluch & flywheel just croaked, cambelts every 80 to 90k ish, oil & filter every 8k, one front bearing, several driveshaft boots, two hundred door lock modules, half a hundredweight of butyl mastic, couple of pounds of R134a, idler pulley, two alternator freewheels, steering rack, front wishbone bushes, seized rear wiper. Radio smashed to bits with 2Lb lumphammer. Lego pump impeller slipped & slung away. Suspension redone with Sachs dampers & lemforder bushes. Half a gallon of flea killer.
Oil consumption? Almost nil, Still averaging 50mpg, so has been a good car.

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Well, thought I'd see how everyone got on in the last couple of years.
Me? ASV Tdi, 260,000 ish,
Original cluch & flywheel just croaked, cambelts every 80 to 90k ish, oil & filter every 8k, one front bearing, several driveshaft boots, two hundred door lock modules, half a hundredweight of butyl mastic, couple of pounds of R134a, idler pulley, two alternator freewheels, steering rack, front wishbone bushes, seized rear wiper. Radio smashed to bits with 2Lb lumphammer. Lego pump impeller slipped & slung away. Suspension redone with Sachs dampers & lemforder bushes. Half a gallon of flea killer.
Oil consumption? Almost nil, Still averaging 50mpg, so has been a good car.
its always the securing clips on mot for the driveshaft boots that fail for some odd reason but had two boots replaced, door locks do what i do strip down and build a new one out of working parts lol

Number 1 Plates banner with a number plate graphic