Gfb dv

Deleted member 103408

Taken off the Awesome web site

"The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great (the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it?), but the weak point however is the valve mechanism itself. So GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing just the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.

The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Read all about the DV+ story on the next page."

And a good read on these units in general http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/volk...-limitations-and-what-you-need-for-your-tfsi/

Reactions: Jaco2k

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I can never make my mind up on these. Marmite! I want sharper throttle response and less lag. But have read they aren't maintenance free (need lubing up every few months as they dry out). Plus many moons ago, r-tech tested them and claimed they leaked boost and the factory DV was the better option (but think that was the MK2 version).

Deleted member 103408

@paddy6789 From memory you fitted a new diverter valve on your old 290, did you see any benefit from doing it and did you have to do any maintenance on it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Must just be the MK2 version. However the big problem is and I guess this applies also to the MK3. Is buy it somewhere reputable. There were a lot of Chinese knock offs on eBay which looked pretty much the same but performed very differently. Maybe this is how the bad reviews came about.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Oddly, Racingline didnt want me to put one on my car when they were working on it for the reasons above....the standard one is fine.

I just wanted it more for the noise and didn't want a blow off valve.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.