Ghost 2 Immobiliser

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
So, has anyone had this sucessfully installed on a PFL (in my case Sept '20) Cupra Ateca? My tame installer tried yesterday, and just couldn't get a programme to work, they tried 7 or 8. Kept throwing a gearbox error on the digital display. They did chat to severl other installers, and are going to try a Golk Mk7 version when they get the time to come back.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well, second try - and still no go. And annoyingly the Autowatch support guy, who unfortnately lives in Scotland (so a long way away) has an Ateca (not a Cupra) on which he has a fully functioning Ghost immobilser. They've tried VW files, Skoda files, SEAT files, all failed, or partially worked.

Suggestion now (from Autowatch) is to try a Ghost 2 Pro, which is dual CAN, and will cost me another (a goodwill gesture from the auto-electricians) £200. Hey ho. I hope it works. I probably wouldn't have bothered on the Cupra at all, but I had the Ghost 2 already from my S3 and thought it would be simple to transfer (as did the fitters!) Their only other suggestion if the Ghost Pro doesn't cut it is a MetaTrak system, but at £400 plus a monthly subscription of £12 is even more expensive, and given car theft in our area is pretty low, and the Cupra Ateca not exactly high profile, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Meanwhile I have sitting on my desk a Ghost 2 immobiliser - not much of a second hand market I guess, as I expected the fitter to take it away for exchange/use elsewhere, although he did ask if I have another car to fit it to, so it's still a viable unit. Perhaps it's a registration issue. ETA: Apparently the odd one does get sold on eBay, so I can hopefully recoup a chaunk of my outlay.

Last edited:

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Well, second try - and still no go. And annoyingly the Autowatch support guy, who unfortnately lives in Scotland (so a long way away) has an Ateca (not a Cupra) on which he has a fully functioning Ghost immobilser. They've tried VW files, Skoda files, SEAT files, all failed, or partially worked.

Suggestion now (from Autowatch) is to try a Ghost 2 Pro, which is dual CAN, and will cost me another (a goodwill gesture from the auto-electricians) £200. Hey ho. I hope it works. I probably wouldn't have bothered on the Cupra at all, but I had the Ghost 2 already from my S3 and thought it would be simple to transfer (as did the fitters!) Their only other suggestion if the Ghost Pro doesn't cut it is a MetaTrak system, but at £400 plus a monthly subscription of £12 is even more expensive, and given car theft in our area is pretty low, and the Cupra Ateca not exactly high profile, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Meanwhile I have sitting on my desk a Ghost 2 immobiliser - not much of a second hand market I guess, as I expected the fitter to take it away for exchange/use elsewhere, although he did ask if I have another car to fit it to, so it's still a viable unit. Perhaps it's a registration issue. ETA: Apparently the odd one does get sold on eBay, so I can hopefully recoup a chaunk of my outlay.
Did you get the issue sorted or have you opted for something else?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well, despite being offered a reasonable deal (£200 cash, which I recouped by selling the original ghost on eBay) I decided on an alternative, albeit more expensive, but more convenient solution. I’m getting a MetaTrak S5 Deadlock fitted. It’ll be £300, plus a monthly subscription (a decent bottle of wines worth, so not too excessive), but no need to do the button press exercise (and they don’t know which buttons would have worked, not until a ghost is successfully installed for the first time) as MetaTrak uses a token that connects wirelessly to the starter motor immobiliser, like the Kessy.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks for the update;sounds frustrating.I’m looking to buy a CA in the near future,deal pending and extra security is something that I always budget for.
I have normally added the Clifford Blackjax to my vehicles,but was quite happy to move to a AWG if it was a superior product.I’ll watch how things progress or look at something like the Metatrack.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I’ll go with the recommendation of the local guy I’ve used in the past, so his offering is what I’ll choose from.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.