Global APR announcement

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just seen this from APR UK:

Stage 2 announcement UK

It is with sadness that we have to announce that APR has discontinued Stage2 , this includes both downpipes and software, this does exclude the 3.0t stage 2 where a pulley upgrade is needed, that product line will still be available.

From September 7th Stage 2 software will no longer be available from APR, existing Stage 2 customers will continue to have access to their Stage 2 licence, but no new Stage 2 upgrades will be permitted.

This is a decision taken at APR HQ in the USA and is not something that APR UK or any UK dealer has any influence over.
We understand that this is disappointing for all fans of APR and is equally disappointing for us, I have personally been involved in many management discussions with Apr and global dealers for a solution without success, we would encourage anyone who is considering upgrading to Stage 2 to contact their local dealer and upgrade before the deadline.
Regards Mark Ash MD (APR UK)

So if your on APR Stage 1 and planned to get Stage 2 do it now!

Aug 21, 2020
Damn this is not the news I was hoping to read on signing up. I'm in the market for a Leon Cupra with the intention of building a mod car for the race track. As such I'd been looking at the APR ecu and tcu remaps as a kind of industry benchmark plus the accessibility of local dealers doing the tuning.

So where does this leave tuners then? The way I see it, and I'm a novice at this btw, there's REVO and NVM? What recommendations do you have for someone who wants to get into this side of car ownership. Time and legislation seems to be against us :(

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Sad to hear this, not good news!
But why is APR dropping stage 2? That would be interesting to know.
If they do continue with stage 3 (no word about that?), I don't understand this move, because the parts needed for stage 2 are also needed for stage 3.

Let's hope that dropping stage 2 by APR will not be followed by other tuning companies.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
American tuners are being sued over emissions etc is the word on the street!

@Chr15Yorks Racingline (formely known as Volkswagen Racing) are also an option.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.