Gloss black 280 alloys

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Anyone thought about trying plasti dip on them?

Standard finish it looks matte but you can then add glossifier which makes it a gloss finish. If you hate it.... Just peel it off.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Heard about it and watched videos but never considered it. I might get some interior bits done at some point.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Very easy indeed and lasted 3 years without a mark and probably still looks good but I sold the car last year.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Update pictures

Just picked her up! Got to say I'm extremely happy with the way she's looking :D. So just to confirm what I've had done - alloys sprayed gloss black and the front lip done gloss black. I've embedded some pictures below but will take some better ones when the sun is shining!

Cupra%202_zps3v66itrl.jpg

Cupra%201_zpstxlaxlwf.jpg

Cupra%203_zpsjvwyof7u.jpg

Last edited:

Par

Mar 22, 2004
Fife
They do look good[B)]

front lip sets it off nicely too! Need to get a move on getting mine done now.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
They do look good[B)]

front lip sets it off nicely too! Need to get a move on getting mine done now.

I know :whistle:

I'm going to have the rear grey plastic apron done gloss black next and probably the matte plastic trim on the front of the car. Was going to book the rear diffuser in as well but I think it would just get really badly stone chipped.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I like the black wheels a lot.... Very similar to my old vrs blackline. Very tempted to do my multi spokes.

SteJP

Jan 24, 2015
Just picked her up! Got to say I'm extremely happy with the way she's looking :D. So just to confirm what I've had done - alloys sprayed gloss black and the front lip done gloss black. I've embedded some pictures below but will take some better ones when the sun is shining!

Very nice mate. I need mine doing but dunno whether to go Matt black

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

They look good mate. Definitely getting ours done when funds allow :D

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
They look great on your white car, but on mine I need the alloys to be grey/silver so I will just have to keep parking next to kerbs very carefully.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
They look great on your white car, but on mine I need the alloys to be grey/silver so I will just have to keep parking next to kerbs very carefully.

I park mine on the street (permit parking) so I have to be careful of kerbs too. Agree that on a black car you need lighter alloys. Personally would go for dark anthracite if you get them done.

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
That looks unreal! I have been dabbling with the idea of getting my wheels done exactly the same for months now but was always a bit nervous of ruining them.

However my mind is now made up. I recently just got all my badges and grills done gloss black too with the rear valance and diffuser done too. Take a look on my Instagram buddy 'DavidSanderson.

Last edited:

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
If you are looking for Alloys cut, finished, polishing, diamond cutting, powder coating, hydro-coating, straightened, carbon dipped etc, these are the guys that the trade use in Yorkshire. They will pick up, and return with tyres refitted and balanced and offer one of the most comprehensive services in the country.
Direct Finish, Unit 12, The Forum, Rose Avenue, Nether Poppleton, York, YO26 6RU, 01904 781714

http://www.directfinish.co.uk/

They did a SMART repair on the Mrs alloy and it is spot on

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
I think it looks great with the black roof and front lip. Really impressed.

Not sure I would do it to mine as I really love the grey/silver and 18 months in they look pretty good still, but if I get to the point where I have to I can see myself going the same way.

Last edited:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I think it looks great with the black rood and front lip. Really impressed.

Not sure I would do it to mine as I really love the grey/silver and 18 months in they look pretty good still, but if I get to the point where I have to I can see myself going the same way.

Fair enough, I never liked the alloys as they were. Black alloys suit the car more IMO. Is your Cupra white like mine?

EDIT - Sorry just seen yours is Dynamic Grey. Nevermind haha.

Last edited:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
That looks unreal! I have been dabbling with the idea of getting my wheels done exactly the same for months now but was always a bit nervous of ruining them.

However my mind is now made up. I recently just got all my badges and grills done gloss black too with the rear valance and diffuser done too. Take a look on my Instagram buddy 'DavidSanderson.
Can you post pics in here for us Luddites who have no clue on Instagram?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.