Gloss black 280 alloys

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Sorry but black alloys on any colour car are wrong, they have no show about them.

I wasn't a fan of the standard alloys when I first bought the Cupra, but they have grown on me over the last two years. As for the lacquer peeling, below is a picture of one of mine, it has been kerbed and repaired by myself. It is two years old but still in good shape.

20160316_125712_zpsoudzatqt.jpg

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
For the rear valance, is that wrapped gloss black? How much was it or did you do it yourself?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The rear valance is painted mate. I am not sure how much that part was alone but for all front grills including the bottom lip, the front and rear badges, rear lower diffuser and valance it was £300. The rear valance being colour coded completely transforms the rear! I definitely recommend it mate.

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
Yeah im certain it's something I want doing, it looks so cheap as it's standard plastic, especially with weathering!
I'll look into getting it painted, cheers for that

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Sorry but black alloys on any colour car are wrong, they have no show about them.

I wasn't a fan of the standard alloys when I first bought the Cupra, but they have grown on me over the last two years. As for the lacquer peeling, below is a picture of one of mine, it has been kerbed and repaired by myself. It is two years old but still in good shape.

Each to their own. Personally I dislike everything about the way the stock alloys look.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

I loved mine right from the off, and have also repaired kerbing and they look as good as yours too. I am always getting told how good looking the wheels are by fellow car fans at my work.

driver33

Apr 9, 2016
I have the optional 19" rims on mine. I will eventually be able to post pictures... Not a great fan of straight black wheel but I suspect the diamond cut faces will be difficult to protect and expensive to re-do.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.