• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

PolozSJR

Active Member
Apr 12, 2022
9
10
So I bought a reversing camera setup, but I cant get past the first step of removing the CD player from the glovebox, there seems to be a lot of resistance after it pops out about and inch, am I missing something obvious?? I have added a photo of the head unit, I shouldn’t need to remove it first…
Help!
Seat Ibiza Cupra 2016
48B53627-3513-426E-A9C5-718685800147.jpeg
9B8AA281-0EED-44BC-BD2C-3E75AA235FFA.jpeg
 
I had the Arona glove box unit out (2019 model). Perhaps the loom is catching on something. I don't believe the loom would be so tight that you have to remove the screen. You'd never catch it again.

Firm pull may be...

 
So I bought a reversing camera setup, but I cant get past the first step of removing the CD player from the glovebox, there seems to be a lot of resistance after it pops out about and inch, am I missing something obvious?? I have added a photo of the head unit, I shouldn’t need to remove it first…
Help!
Seat Ibiza Cupra 2016
View attachment 32048View attachment 32049
I had the same problem. The wiring harness is attached firmly to the glovebox and no amount of pulling will shift it.
The answer is to remove the glovebox. Not easy as there are 12 torx screws to remove.
I found the wiring connections very difficult to remove and refit, but got there in the end.
My car is an Ibiza Cupra black edition 2016
 
The Arona one I pulled out no issue. Just the metal tools to release the clips. It's designed to come out like that. Obviously in your instance they might have moved away from the concept of letting you pull it out. Fingers go round that and the lever lock on the connection is released. Arona and Ibiza are basically the same car except the Arona is pumped up.