Glovebox Lid

20VT Andy

Hi guys

Does anyone else have a problem with their glovebox lid alignment with the dash when closed.

It sounds silly, but its almost like mine is twisted as its a neat fit on the left, but the right has a huge gap between the lid and the dashboard.

Just wondered if it was a common problem or just a one off on mine?

Thanks
Andy

20VT Andy

yep, only got the car on Saturday :) its actually back in the dealers in the morning for this 'looking at' amongst other things

20VT Andy

Anyone know if its a common fault? or a fault caused by misuse by the previous owner?

Need some amunition to shout at the dealer if they try and jip me when i collect the car tonight.

Cheers guys

fatcatman

Apr 13, 2007
Anyone know if its a common fault? or a fault caused by misuse by the previous owner?

Need some amunition to shout at the dealer if they try and jip me when i collect the car tonight.

Cheers guys

Dont know how common it is but mine is the same- i have had the car from new

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
When you open the glove box there are 2 rubber stoppers near the edge on the door. These can be turned and adjust in and out, mine wasnt quite right, but its better now, after a small tweek.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales

Cheers guys

I had this on my FR - it was caused my my sat nav cradle which was in the glovebox stopping the lid closing properly - this caused the lid to twist slightly and not want to close straight even when the cradle was out

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
We looked at the Ibiza when it first came out in 2002 and the glovebox lid was a crap fit and needed a hefty push to get it to close. We bought a Mini Cooper instead.

When we traded the Mini in for our FR in 2005, there was no improvement in the glovebox lid in those 3 years. It would seem there still hasn't been an improvement. Typical.

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
isn't the lid only held in place by one latch? But i have the same symptons twisted and really a pain to close without a hefty slam.

Tbh i dont use the glove box much but i can see how it could be annoying. Be careful wehn faffing around with your dash mind I've found the plastic very VERY easy to mark much to my disapointment on day 2 of owning the car and sratching my dash :'(