Glow plugs...TDI, 90BHP, Cordoba (2000)

macin100

Hi... how easy is it to change the glow plugs on my TDI, 90BHP, Cordoba (2000)?Is it like changing the plugs on a petrol engine? Any help would be great...I'm going to keep the car for one more year, so the quality of the replacement plugs aren't a great concern. Any ideas how much for the four plugs? Thanks

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Why do you want to replace them? Might sound a silly question but is it because the car is suffering starting problems. Just seems an unusual time of year for the glow plugs to play up as they aren't used much in warmer weather.

macin100

I live in Scotland and the weather over the past few days has been close to freezing in the morning...slow to start...but when weather warm, no problem starting.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
jesus,,, close to freezing?????????? it's may man :p

seriously mate in the pic below there's a 90/110 engine bay. look at #6, that's an injector, under it you can see a black line, that's the fuel return line, under that there's another black line, that's the glow plug harness.
you remove the engine cover, remove the glow plug harness and change the plugs, no more no less than a gasser,,,
PAY ATTENTION NOT TO LET ANYTHING INTO THE GLOWPLUG HOLE OR IT'S BYE BYE ENGINE!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise