God I've missed the Ibiza

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I took the Ibiza out this evening for the 1st time in about 2 months - full tank of Tesco 99, ECU reset & some guestimated new settings given the standardness of it now.

Didn't take long to feel the heatsoak though on the crapola smic, it's not exactly on a high boost setting either.

Now I'm in a mind not to sell it again. :cry:

So noisey compared to the Mitsi though, and the mpg is about half - but hell, even at 30mpg it's still kicking the arse of the Vario on mpg by a factor of two.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nah, I needed to do some tidying jobs, and fancied a signature change.

The colt's not a bad car, but certainly not 'fun'. Once you get past the 3 pot engine you realise it's a lot more comfy and at 80 you can't hear anything other than the wind on the mirrors!

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
I know what you mean i have a daily driver (rover 214) and when i go out in the ibiza it is so much fun, really makes you realize how good they are. I think its going to be a long time before i sell up.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nothing when you get 45 clubcard points

Nah, k03s means another fmic & TIP :D and brakes, and suspension.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
sorry but no way would i choose a supermarket brand over Shell V max

there's nowt wrong with the tesco stuff.....my car responds better to tesco than it does to shell, as it stands because of this, i dont rate shell at all.

Mork ~ Keep it, you know exactly how the car has been treated by yourself and to be honest....for what they're worth now, your not gonna find much better.:D