Goldie Jon's Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
Denbighshire, North wales
Hi

Been on this forum a while, when I owned a stage 1 Fabia vRS. After that I bought a 54 plate Civic Type R which was awesome, but was becoming tiresome to drive, costed alot in fuel, tax and insurance. So I decided on a Cupra TDI.

I picked Rafael (Rafa) Up last Saturday. With the help of 'TheBIGGM'.

Pics are below. All comments welcome.

19a795cc-1.jpg

0f5f04af-1.jpg

4fff9b2b-1.jpg

20b1827a-1.jpg

76270b4f-1.jpg

4bafbe25-1.jpg

4bda21fe.jpg

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
Yeah easily in the straights, but not the corners. The Type R has recently had a Fast road set up involving springs, camber bolts and arms, and it goes round corners like its on rails.

I'm loving the Cupra though :)

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Nice Ibiza Jon. I was thinking of having a petrol again as the MKIII was so much fun, but had a change of heart.

1986brandon1: There's always this as a good place to start. ;)

1986brandon1

Nov 16, 2011
Chester
Nice Ibiza Jon. I was thinking of having a petrol again as the MKIII was so much fun, but had a change of heart.

1986brandon1: There's always as a good place to start. ;)

I was trying to message you the other day, I am genuinley really interested but you quite far away. The price is bang on, and looks nice.

Op sounds ike a good setup on the civic, you selling it now then or has it gone?

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
I was trying to message you the other day, I am genuinley really interested but you quite far away. The price is bang on, and looks nice.

Op sounds ike a good setup on the civic, you selling it now then or has it gone?

Once the v5 comes back and I've changed the plates over. It will be up for sale. Just having new grooved disks and pads all over as we speak.

Should be up or sale on 4/5 weeks depending on when the dvla pull their fingers out.

Aug 1, 2011
He's a regular over on zsoc. Didn't seem to get on with the car it would seem!

Looks a nice motor though!

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
Yeah heard he says its uncomfortable, and rattles about.

The rattles were fixed on the weekend of buying it, and took me about 10 minutes. Lol. Not a peep now. I know he couldn't get on with a diesel.

Last edited:

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
Thanks mate. Yeah. Just fitted whiteline rear anti roll bar. Off for a test drive :)

19fa1309.jpg

eb0384a7.jpg

And as always anything you fit, you always come out with a mark, cut, graze. Haha

a1518259.jpg

Last edited:

Goldie Jon

Dec 7, 2009
Give us a review of the ARB! Contemplating one myself..... is it worth being skint over....

I fitted one to my old fabia vRS a few years ago. Even though it says its adjustable, it goes straight onto Jon setting. AKA stiff.

Went for a blast round a few roundabouts and some B roads on the way home. Turn in is much more responsive, and I can even get the back end out.

It doesn't under steer under harsh cornering, and gives more confidence to give it a bit more. I'm off to Castle Combe in April. That will be the test.

Piece of p**s to fit, and well worth the money.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.