Good daily exhausts for Stage 2+ (280bhp) map?

Jul 31, 2021
So basically the car is currently straight piped with a custom 3" downpipe. It's fun, especially being able to properly hear all of the turbo noises, but it's becoming really obnoxious now. The loudness is the main problem, but it's not even a nice exhaust note/tone anyway, which just makes the loudness 10x worse. It's a bit farty for my liking.

So anyway, i don't really want to sacrifice any performance, but I'm assuming that I will need to install a sports cat if I really want to make the exhaust less obnoxious - but if it's possible whilst keeping it straight piped that would be great. So any 3" cat-back exhausts that could be recommended, or any good full exhaust systems with a high-flow cat. Obviously will need to get the car re-mapped too. Just want something a bit more discrete but still with a nice sporty tone to it.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You need a catalyst to pass MOT anyway, also if you get tugged by the DVSA who do random spot checks looking for this kind of thing.

Backbox would certainly make it less farty as well and what tailpipes do you currently have? Jumbo ones do make the exhaust more farty.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members