Goodbye Cupra !

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Well this is crap. My income took a massive hit with the loss of my two largest customers so unfortunately I have had to end my lease 2.5 years early and my 20 plate 290 Lux is being picked up tomorrow.

Absolutely gutted but needs must. Have only good things to say about VWFS too - they have agreed to let me exit the lease with no penalties to pay which should have been around £7k.

So if anyone is on the look out for a pristine, 8k miles 290 then keep your eye on the dealers in the near future.

worst part about this is now I’ll have to drive the wife’s Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. Sob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Well this is crap. My income took a massive hit with the loss of my two largest customers so unfortunately I have had to end my lease 2.5 years early and my 20 plate 290 Lux is being picked up tomorrow.

Absolutely gutted but needs must. Have only good things to say about VWFS too - they have agreed to let me exit the lease with no penalties to pay which should have been around £7k.

So if anyone is on the look out for a pristine, 8k miles 290 then keep your eye on the dealers in the near future.

worst part about this is now I’ll have to drive the wife’s Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. Sob.
Gah, that's tramp's pants mate. And the nail in the coffin is the Picasso. We feel your pain chum.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
You have my sympathy. I was made redundant in '97 and had to give my company car back after a month so was left sharing my wife's G reg Micra.

Reactions: markm49uk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Sorry to hear this; there's some rubbish stuff work wise going on at the moment.
Look on the bright side though; if you're driving the Picasso, at least it means you don't have to look at it ;)
Hope things turn round for you soon.

Reactions: markm49uk

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
You have my sympathy. I was made redundant in '97 and had to give my company car back after a month so was left sharing my wife's G reg Micra.
That has brought back memories of being at college around 1992 when my mate drove us once in his mum's 998cc Micra. No idea what the power rating was but the speedo stopped at 100mph. We managed to get it off the clock (just) by closing the windows and folding the mirrors in. It was 4 speed, no rev counter but was screaming it's bit's off. Amazing what you can squeeze out of these things.

Those were the days.

Reactions: Yern
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise