Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Slimwadey

May 15, 2016
Having spent all Sunday afternoon reading this thread, and coming to the end to read the bad news i felt i had to register just to offer an opinion.
I'm 45 and while i don't have your awesome attention to detail , i love project, each time i say i'll never do another.. each time i do it anyway
I wish i had completed some larger projects in the past (my LJ 80 jeep) but kids got in the way. now my kids are a bit older and i have a bit of free time.

Keep the damn thing, cover it up, write up whats to be done, lest you forget the details.
let time run its course, give it a look as you get the Flymo out each summer. because there will come a time when you DO have the time and money, and if its gone you'll kick yourself that its gone

Trust me, you owe it to youself and family that this car is finished

Steve

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Having spent all Sunday afternoon reading this thread, and coming to the end to read the bad news i felt i had to register just to offer an opinion.
I'm 45 and while i don't have your awesome attention to detail , i love project, each time i say i'll never do another.. each time i do it anyway
I wish i had completed some larger projects in the past (my LJ 80 jeep) but kids got in the way. now my kids are a bit older and i have a bit of free time.

Keep the damn thing, cover it up, write up whats to be done, lest you forget the details.
let time run its course, give it a look as you get the Flymo out each summer. because there will come a time when you DO have the time and money, and if its gone you'll kick yourself that its gone

Trust me, you owe it to youself and family that this car is finished

Steve

Well said Steve !!!
Sorry Graham but I think a pertition should be made into you keeping the gal .

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Gutted to read that you have had to move your project on. The work you put in was amazing and you would be very proud of what you achieved.
It bloody hard having a young family, work commitments and trying to find time for you own interests. I'm sure when the time is right you'll come back with another project.

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Hi Graham,

Sorry to hear you aren't going to personally get to finish this as you wished. I see you had finally started fitting a lot of the interior you had off me a few years ago as well. Was looking forward to that blast you promised me in the 4wd! I still have mine by the way, I've now had it 9 years!! When you saw it it was 400hp on a GT28 but i did end up getting carried away again!!! Its now on a fully forged stroker engine and gt35 "comfortably" running 600hp and still through the front wheels!!!!!:lol: as you would expect it's totally insane fast and takes some taming!!!!!! Way too fast for public roads really:D I am going to pm you anyway and if my way again in future your welcome to give me a call and pop round.
Rob.

LongDave

Apr 25, 2011
Hull
Gutted to see you never finished this, what a project!
I've certainly nearly thrown the towel in on mine a few times and you've taken on a monster in comparison. Other things just take priority sometimes.

I hope you change your mind but if not, there will always be other opportunities in the future.

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
I've litterally spent all night reading this thread.... And there's no ending?? What's happened, where's the car now? What did you call your kid Graham? This is worse than the end of dexter! Loved reading this even though it made me feel mechanically unworthy!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Hi All,
Got a random private message to replied and thought I’d check this out as haven’t been online for a good few years.
Thanks for all the supportive words and wishes to complete it, the support of this forum over the years kept me going for all those years.

My friend Carl has the car in his unit, although I’m still the owner of it :think:
Hopefully one day I’ll resurrect the thread with some news, photo’s.... who knows?

Oh and my boy is called Will :cool:

Cheers,

Graham

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.