Greddy profec B spec 2

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I´ve just purchased a used Greddy profec B-spec 2 witch arrived today. I´ve sourced a manual on the net and I need some help installing the whole lot.

In the manual it says that you´ve to take the pressure reading from the fpr but I was thinking maybe I could use the "green" blanking plug to the left in the engine bay or top of dv. Guessing this will be the same as installing a boost gauge. Ideal would be strait from the inlet mani.

When it comes to the solenoid I recon I have to blank of the pipe on the TIP where the N75 normally are plugged in. The Greddy solenoid has a COM and NO-ports (also a NC but only for external waste gate) Then plump the COM-port to the acturator and NC-port to the charge pipe.

I´m I totaly off here?(the manual I found on the net looked like it has bin scanned so abit difficult to read)

Hoping some of you with experince on this EBC can point me the right way.

Thanks in advance.

Prebs

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
In the manual it says that you´ve to take the pressure reading from the fpr but I was thinking maybe I could use the "green" blanking plug to the left in the engine bay or top of dv. Guessing this will be the same as installing a boost gauge. Ideal would be strait from the inlet mani.
yes, you can use any vacuum/boost source

When it comes to the solenoid I recon I have to blank of the pipe on the TIP where the N75 normally are plugged in. The Greddy solenoid has a COM and NO-ports (also a NC but only for external waste gate) Then plump the COM-port to the acturator and NC-port to the charge pipe.
"NO" is for external and "NC" is for actuator

here is the manual from GReddy:
http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/682.pdf

Here is good guide for setting up the unit:
http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo-guides/86098-how-how-tune-your-greddy-profec-b-spec-ii.html

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
do you have to remove the N75 valve but just leave it electrcly pluged in and put in place the solenoid valve

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
you wanna sell to me mate

No not really but you´ll find a second hand quite easilly, check out "acessories for sale" think there was one not long ago.

Yes will need to blank of TIP where N75 normally goes in as the Greddy solenoid only has IN (COM-from actuator) and OUT (NO-to charge pipe)

N75 still needs to be eletrical pluggen in or bypassed with 330ohm resistor same as 249 bypass or else you´ll get EML.

Anyone on SCN who´s actually used one of these EBC´s???

Prebs

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I've got one on mine...

Ps. You are right about the ports:redface:

Do you find the Greddy controller easy to use? Do you have any tips to set it up?

I see from your sig that you´re on bilstein pss9. I´ve just fitted the same coilover at my car aswell but due to winter and heavy snow here up north, I haven´t had the chance to take her for a spin yet.

What settings are you using on your pss9 as daily drive? have you tried this kit on track? How would you rate this pss9 kit?

Hope it´s not to many questions for you:D

Prebs

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Do you find the Greddy controller easy to use? Do you have any tips to set it up?

I see from your sig that you´re on bilstein pss9. I´ve just fitted the same coilover at my car aswell but due to winter and heavy snow here up north, I haven´t had the chance to take her for a spin yet.

What settings are you using on your pss9 as daily drive? have you tried this kit on track? How would you rate this pss9 kit?

Hope it´s not to many questions for you:D

Prebs
The profec is very easy to use, just follow the guide I posted before, as for the pss9 it's a very good road suspension, now I revalved the front with stiffer setup for track, in my opinion the springs aren't hard enough for track use...

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
The profec is very easy to use, just follow the guide I posted before, as for the pss9 it's a very good road suspension, now I revalved the front .with stiffer setup for track, in my opinion the springs aren't hard enough for track use...

Thanks mate, I´ve bin fidling all day with getting a vac hose and power supply throu the torpedo wall today, not an easy job! I guess I will have it all wired up tomorrow.

So what spring did you change to? I thougt the pss9 was quite agressive on the hardest setting(1)?

Last edited:

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
What settings you all running?

Actually I copied your settings I found on here as there´s fully winter here in Norway and I dont get any chance to do it on the road. I found that my car have quite the same mods as yours (execept de-cat) and I have a A&M-high flow mani.

Set gain 83%
Start boost 14.5psi
Gain 5&
Warning 23 psi
Limiter 4%

I found the manual to the greddy to be abit miss-understanding. When you dial in start, warning boost it says 145 and not 14.5 right? (it´s not in pascal-mode)

When idling the profec shows -96 to -99 witch I guess sounds right but as mentioned I have not tried the car yet cus of the heavy snow.

Prebs

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Actually I copied your settings I found on here as there´s fully winter here in Norway and I dont get any chance to do it on the road. I found that my car have quite the same mods as yours (execept de-cat) and I have a A&M-high flow mani.

Set gain 83%
Start boost 14.5psi
Gain 5&
Warning 23 psi
Limiter 4%

I found the manual to the greddy to be abit miss-understanding. When you dial in start, warning boost it says 145 and not 14.5 right? (it´s not in pascal-mode)

When idling the profec shows -96 to -99 witch I guess sounds right but as mentioned I have not tried the car yet cus of the heavy snow.

Prebs

Ahhh, good work. lol.

I upped the settings on mine now, 87%, warning 24psi and no warning.

Can you drop the gain lower than 5% on yours? I find the higher the gain on mine the more i get fluctating boost initially.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Ahhh, good work. lol.

I upped the settings on mine now, 87%, warning 24psi and no warning.

Can you drop the gain lower than 5% on yours? I find the higher the gain on mine the more i get fluctating boost initially.

No max 5% on gain. Might crank it up to 87% aswell but first I want to see how it preforms on the road. Will stick with your "old" setting and work it from there:)

What does your profec reads standing still on idle?

My profec is currently laying on the floor mat in the car as I heavent decide where to put it as a final install.
Was it difficult to make it fit over the stereo where the (credit) card holder is?

Prebs

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
springs are stock for now, but dampers are even stiffer than "position" 1

oh, sounds stiff enogh!!!

How would you say pss9 preform (standard not uprated dampers) on setting 1 (stiffest) on track? I´ve bin told that rear can feel a bit "bouncy" when cornering. Any experinces?

Prebs

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
with this controller as the n75 is replaced by the solenoid dose this stop the spike any

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise