ground loop isolater problems...

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
My ICE install looks like this;
car5.jpg

However im having problems. Iv'e got a ground loop isolater in to try n reduce the amount of engine supression my system experiences. (Sound came out of the speakers when i turned corners and revved the engine etc).
Lately my right speaker of my 6x9's keeps cuttin out and crackling when i go over bumps etc. Iv'e taken it back to the place where i got the install and theyve said that its the connection between the isolater and amp which is causing this. Is ther any way i could run my system without the isolater but without the supression, or use the isolater without the problems???

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance....

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
I'm assuming you have a Leon. If so you shouldn't need any supression. It'll be a bad earth somewhere. Take the isolator out, then sort your earth.

EDIT: actually I'm sure it's not a Leon, but either way the advice still stands ;)

Pete

Last edited:

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Icecavern said:
I'm assuming you have a Leon. If so you shouldn't need any supression. It'll be a bad earth somewhere. Take the isolator out, then sort your earth.

Pete

Ive got an mk4 ibiza 1.2. I've no idea about all jargon to do with ICE, so what does a 'bad earth mean?'

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Icecavern said:
It means the earth between the amp and car body is crap. It needs to go to bare metal.

What would you suggest me doing then?? A few people have said gettin a new head unit would sort the problem. (i dont if they know what there an baout). BY the way iv got a blaupunkt santa cruz head unit.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Erm... Maybe make the earth better ?...

Where does the ground cable from the amp go?

Changing the HU wont make a difference as it sounds like it's just the ground from your amp that isn't good enough.

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Icecavern said:
Erm... Maybe make the earth better ?...

Where does the ground cable from the amp go?

Changing the HU wont make a difference as it sounds like it's just the ground from your amp that isn't good enough.

I seriously haven't got a clue about any of this jargon, the only things i know are the thigns iv told by the installer which could be absolute bollox

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Icecavern said:
TBH if you really don't know then I'd go back to the installer and tell them to sort out the noise. As it's because they haven't earthed the amp properly the first time round.

Where did you go?

Autosound in Mapplewell, Barnsley.

Deleted member 11127

Drill a hole in the metal under the seat or back of boot and put earth to it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.