GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire
Sorry newbie back to leon again. I've got a 2010 fl leon and have put LED bulbs in but warning lights have come on. I've got Vag-com and can find the setting for cold bulb detection in long coding but where do I put the other parts for turning number plate warnings of and side sights?

Found how to put drls on for side lights but also don't seem to be able to turn of rear lights grrrrr help

Probably missing something simple.

envy_vwm

Guys, is there a way to make auto folding mirrors to fold everytime you lock the car?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Guys, is there a way to make auto folding mirrors to fold everytime you lock the car?

Yep, it does it as standard. Simply click to lock your car, then click and HOLD a second time until the mirrors go up.

Next time you turn the ignition the mirrors come back out...

:)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I think he knows that

What he wants to know is, is it possible to get it to do it on first click.. the answer is no.

vINyL3

Sep 13, 2013
Hello, i'm new here, sorry if ivm breaking any rule, but i'm on my phone and isn't easy to see the rules now.

I need help about VCDS, i got on Leon 1P from 2006 and i want to know if is possible and how to do the next itens:

- use parking lights and day running lights
- how to close exterior mirros when i lock the car
- active the cornening on the fog lights

Thanks

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Anyone know if it is possible to enable permanently illuminated needles similar to on a Golf Mk5 but on a pre-facelift Mk2?

This is the look I'm after:
attachment.php

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
"Beep when locking/unlocking car (My favourite feature)
This adds a beep when locking the car, and two beeps when unlocknig the car.
Below; horn refers to the beep, and blink refers to the indicators blinking

Module 46 - Central Conv.
Coding
Byte 6
bit 0 unlocking confirmation (blink) via door locks
bit 1 - unlocking confirmation (horn) via door locks - (makes 2 beeps)
bit 2 - unlocking confirmation (blink)via remote control
bit 3- unlocking confirmation (horn) via remote control - (makes two beeps)

Byte 7
bit 0 locking confirmation (blink) via door locks
bit 1 - locking confirmation (horn) via door locks - (makes 1 beep)
bit 2 - locking confirmation (blink)via remote control
bit 3- locking confirmation (horn) via remote control - (makes 1 beep)"

For info, this is byte 10 and 11 on my PD170 FR
Not sure if everyone knows, but you need to click on the 'Byte' and you get options for each.
When you first go into the Coding Screen it defaults to just showing the 1st Bytes options.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
scanned all 16 pages so sorry if i missed it but does anybody have a link for a non original vagcom cable ie ebay/amazon that will work for a late 06 FR tdi??

maybe update the first page with a list of cheaper cables and what years/models they are confirmed to work with!

??
http://www.dhgate.com/product/vag-c...stic-vcds-11/171846259.html#s1-1-1|3703265950

I'd also like to know if theres a decent other cable/software that can be used instead of Vagcom...

And less expensive:cry:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Is it possible to set the audio to lower in volume/ mute when reverse gear is engaged? I've seen this before on newer cars with PDC/ OPS but unsure if possible on others.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Also I managed to get coming home/ leaving home lights working today. Didn't realise it was possible on an 08MY. Works very nicely you just leave the switch to 1 and when you lock the car the lights stay on for a few seconds before going out automatically, then when you unlock the lights come on automatically with no light/ rain sensor required :)

To do this yourself go into the Central Electronics Module [09] and select Coding. Within Byte 0 you should then enable Assistance Driving Light _Leaving Home active and Coming-Home active. Save this new coding and next go into Adaptation. The final step is changing Channels 01 and 02 to the time period you wish the lights to remain on for, up to 60 seconds. After that save all the coding and it should work. The only requirement is you leave the light switch to 1 all the time.

Behaves similar to this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHhDC9azfs

loffler

Hi, does anyone know the security access codes for adaptation in VCDS controllers on a 2011 1P Leon Copa SE?
I am specifically after the 5 digit code for the following module/controller:
10-Park/Steer Assist, 16-security access.
Thanks

Stig555

Mar 27, 2012
Anyone manage to activate the leaving home feature on a leon without the light sensor?