Guys, anyone know anything about this LCR

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Guys, i've had a look but can;t find any linked info on here about it but does anybody know any details about this car thats currently for sale.

I'm tempted at the price, but its things such as screamer pipe and the stance on the front wheels thats waring me off.

Any commetns guys, especially if you know who owned it before ( if they were on here etc)

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=222354

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
you should be able to see it as no need to be a member on CTR site

anyway

heres a copy of the ad.

Cheers

Here is my seat leon cupra r in onvi yellow! Its a 2003 03 plate car with 111k on the clocks comes with full service history last service was 107k had the belts changed at 78k.

moted till august next year tax till febuary

inside is in very clean straight condition no rips in the seats not really showing any wear either!

fitted with incar boost guage, turbo timer, oil gauge,
aircon, cd player, electric windows and mirrors, screamer pipe on the exhaust, tinted rear windows,

It sounds great and really shifts.

The engine is great pulls hard in all 6 gears hpi clear aswell :WOOT

The not so good bits are the yellow has faded slightly although after a good polish it still looks nice and shiney maybe a good mop would sort it out! There is a crack in the front bumper and it has moved abit the end result of a pothole directley infront of a speed bump as i went down the pothole it clipped the speed bump and cracked it.

Any questions pm me or post up

the plate is included with the car suppose to say (to bad) but means nothing to me!

£4100 ono

part ex welcome or swap for a type r most quick cars really :salut:

leoncuprar001.jpg

leoncuprar002.jpg

leoncuprar003.jpg

leoncuprar005.jpg

leoncuprar006.jpg

leoncuprar007.jpg

leoncuprar008.jpg

leoncuprar010.jpg

leoncuprar011.jpg

leoncuprar012.jpg

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
is this a 210 model? as i tried to tell him that it was but he keeps telling me that it is a 225!!
im sure its a 210!!

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
Just from the pics, front bumper doesn't line up, Missing a badge from LHF wing, 'spotty' plate missing from around the dipstick and there's that split on the front bumper by the front RH fog.

I would be checking all the metal work across the front end for any other damage. All the screws for the wings and rad packs should be in place and undisturbed and all the door gaps to wings and panels should be the same both sides. Undertray in place with matching bolts all around.

Call me picky but if the alarm bells ring and you feel unsure, walk away! I know how mine looks for the miles and that isn't the same.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Just from the pics, front bumper doesn't line up, Missing a badge from LHF wing, 'spotty' plate missing from around the dipstick and there's that split on the front bumper by the front RH fog.

I would be checking all the metal work across the front end for any other damage. All the screws for the wings and rad packs should be in place and undisturbed and all the door gaps to wings and panels should be the same both sides. Undertray in place with matching bolts all around.

Call me picky but if the alarm bells ring and you feel unsure, walk away! I know how mine looks for the miles and that isn't the same.

Yeah think my mind is made up on that one now, just seen another one at a dealer with 49k on the clock and 4900,

But also just seen a TT roadster with 41k for 6800 ono. or do i just stick to the plan of a 120d beemer and be semi boring.

I hate having to buy cars, as i am so indecisive.

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
Yeah think my mind is made up on that one now, just seen another one at a dealer with 49k on the clock and 4900,

But also just seen a TT roadster with 41k for 6800 ono. or do i just stick to the plan of a 120d beemer and be semi boring.

im selling my 05 lcr

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen

If you're considering a Leon Cupra R or a TT roadster then a BMW 120d won't just be semi boring it'll be utterly boring. I drove the 120d Sport recently when my girlfriend was looking for a new car, found it extremely dull.

As for that car in the ad you posted, surprised nobody noticed that it's been fitted with a turbo timer. These aren't necessary on these cars, they have a secondary cooling system which pumps coolant around parts like the turbo for about 10 mins even with the engine switched off and the car locked.

As Big Ejit pointed out, it's missing part of the engine-bay trim and some badges, it's also missing one of the top mount covers and one of the heat jackets around the turbo end of the charge pipe.

There will be better examples out there for not much more cash, there's probably even better examples for the same money tbh. Don't think the guy really knows what he's doing with it, I'd be a bit suspicious of this one.

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
Is it just me or are the front wheels back? As in the gap between the wheel and the wing is alot tighter than the gap between the wheel and the bumper.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.