had a small accident - gutted.

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
basicly in quite a bit of traffic and someone in a layby went to pull out on me, slammed his brakes on and i as i swerved to get out the way, the traffic infront of me came to a stand still and went into the back of a girl in a crappy old astra.

needs new bumper, bonnet, grilles and possibly headlight. cant get the bonnet open to check for any structural damage, will have to do that tomorrow.

now i know she will claim on my insurance as i went into her so i realise that. and im guessing these bits dont come cheap.

my insurance excess is £450. but based on the damage above, insurance job?

:(

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
Pics mate? May help us to try and assess the damage. You can pick up all of those parts second hand, but depending on how much hers comes too will determine if you claim for yours. I would probably say it'll be easier and cheaper to claim for both, have you got any NCB???

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
i took a couple but they are crap because its dark.

it looks alot like this but perhaps not as bad, i.e bonnet not bent up that far but its definetly fooked....
Picture023.jpg

her car is a crappy old P reg astra, will no doubt be written off.

i have 1yrs ncb, due to being on a company policy for the last few years.

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
The bonus is probably that your premium wont go up too much with only 1 yr NCB.

Damage wise - bonnet, lights, bumper, slam panel, maybe new radiator and fans, some pipework??? Number plate (it all adds up).

I'd say defo an insurance job mate, £450 wont be that much compared to getting the work done yourself with new parts.

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
heres the pic i took. doesnt look as bad in this but it was dark!
17012008346.jpg

theres probably damage elsewhere that i couldnt see too.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Bonnet £100 ..... + paint £200 + headlights (unless you glue the tabs back on) £450-500

slam panel, bumperbar, grill(s) ..... at least you'll get your money's worth :(

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
so the blue ones not yours ?? Black one doesnt look half as bad.. still £500 worth at least though id say.. well if going through a decent garage and not a mate!

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
ive taken some pics this morning.

definetly new bumper, bonnet, drivers side headlight, grilles, slam panel.

unsure on rad and intercoolers as i cant really see but the nearside rad fan is now resting on the top rad hose so its definetly been pushed back.

18012008354.jpg

18012008353.jpg

18012008352.jpg

18012008351.jpg

18012008350.jpg

18012008349.jpg

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
doesnt look to bad, if it was me I would have the bumper and bonet off and be looking to see what damage there was but doesnt look that bad

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Bit of an obvious one but - protected NCB?? No brainer then but as said above with 1 years NCB you will not lose out too much.

What I would to is get a quote on the net with who you are insured with to get a rough idea of how much the premium is likely to go up by if you were to renew with no NCB then factor that into the 'shall I shant I'.

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
ive already got the ball rolling now. claim is in and my bodyshop is collecting the car tomorrow and dropping off my courtesy car.

if it goes up by a massive amount then ill either have to sell up or tackle the fee.

middle of january is not a time i can afford to be forking out 1k on my car unfortunatly.