Had Another Accident !!! Rear ended

westlondonsun

Hi all,

You may have read my previous post on an accident i had on 9th oct
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142541

You wont believe it but i went to pick up my alloy wheels on friday from essex so got them and was returning on the m25.

Overtaking a vehicle in the slow lane, i indicated into the slow lane once i had passed that car and another car in the middle lane travelling too fast hit into the back bumper causing loads of scuffs and paint to chip away fromt the bumper.

So the car is now going in again for repairs. Im hoping they will replace it with a cupra bumper. The guy who took the estimate said he would request a sport bumper and normally the insurance company just goes with what they say.

My back is hurting as well so just cant believe my luck 2 accidents in a month both not my fault.

It becomes apparent that the guy i had the accident with on the 9th oct didnt have insurance which is great for my no claims etc [:@]

Thankfully this guy who hit me on the M25 does have insurance so fingers crossed it wont affect my records to much.

Can anyone tell me what kind of underlying damage could have been sustained with a rear end impact as i want to make sure that the bodyshop pick up on any potential problems.

:censored:

westlondonsun

get a back injury claim put in ;)

I have put a back injury claim in as well as my girlfriend, My back is acctually in pain had to wait at the hospital for 6 hours until 5am on friday after the accident to get xrays etc done on my back. So yes i will be going forward with an injury claim.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Can anyone tell me what kind of underlying damage could have been sustained with a rear end impact as i want to make sure that the bodyshop pick up on any potential problems.

:censored:

My girlfriend was rear ended on Friday (not by me ;)) and although the damage from the outside looked like almost nothing, the quote for the reapir is 1600 as the boot floor has been crunched upwards....needs new panels and things.

westlondonsun

My girlfriend was rear ended on Friday (not by me ;)) and although the damage from the outside looked like almost nothing, the quote for the reapir is 1600 as the boot floor has been crunched upwards....needs new panels and things.

I remember about 3 years ago i rear ended someone looked like there was no damage not even a scratch as only hit her approx 5mph but her boot wouldnt open etc and had to replace the whole of the back of the car think it was approx £1000-2000 worth of damage !!!

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
I rear ended some old dear in her BMW. She went mad and asked that I pay her £500 out of insurance settlement. I thought, I bet she is not insured. Sure enough I pay her 50 squid and she went on her way... silly old boot was driving her old mans car!!

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
Sounds like a cursed motor.....

If the guy from the last accident didn't have insurance, then you might be able to get something back if he's prosecuted. Unless he gave a John Doe name that is.....

westlondonsun

Sounds like a cursed motor.....

If the guy from the last accident didn't have insurance, then you might be able to get something back if he's prosecuted. Unless he gave a John Doe name that is.....

You telling me thats what i keep thinking it must be cursed!!!

The guy from the last accident didnt have insurance but he gave me his correct details so i am getting my solicitors appointed via my insurance to claim my excess from him. He is a student so he wont have much money so im hoping i can at least recover the £250 excess charge. Can you also claim back the cost of the repairs from him? That way surely the accident wont be fronted by my insurance company thus my premiums shouldnt go up too much as i was hit by an ininsured driver.

The second accident i am better of as he hit my rear bumper so insurance company said i dont have to pay excess and that he has got insurance so fingers crossed this second accident will be a breeze in the park

Last edited by a moderator:

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
You'd need to check with your insurance company, but if you're lucky you'll get it back - or at least not be liable for it. If nothing, you might get the satisfaction of the student being prosecuted.....

And I'm getting rid of mine as it's just cursed - a bit of trim fell off today. This is after I noticed a leak in the drivers door trim and the front footwell at the weekend. On top of the break-in, being towed, new tyres 2 weeks after I bought it, no service history until a legal threat, etc....

I think I might pick up a Passat Lol (really, I might....)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Sorry to hear about your cursed FR, my TDI Cupra has been like a loyal labrador, she gets fed and watered and in return no grief to date - touch wood!

If you do change your car, remember that there are probably a lot of other nice FR's out there looking for good homes.

Remember an LC, LCR or FR is not just for Christmas!

Seriously, sorry to hear about all your grief - you just don't want it/need it big time. My seat has been very good and I would seriously consider having another one when the time is due.

westlondonsun

You'd need to check with your insurance company, but if you're lucky you'll get it back - or at least not be liable for it. If nothing, you might get the satisfaction of the student being prosecuted.....

And I'm getting rid of mine as it's just cursed - a bit of trim fell off today. This is after I noticed a leak in the drivers door trim and the front footwell at the weekend. On top of the break-in, being towed, new tyres 2 weeks after I bought it, no service history until a legal threat, etc....

I think I might pick up a Passat Lol (really, I might....)

I see, i understand what you mean, but i am going to stick it out with the leon she looks too good to simply dump her :think:

Going to speak to my insurance company as soon as they call me back regarding the first accident and whether i can claim the full amount of repairs from him. Bloody student will hopefully teach him to get insurance in the future, but chances are slim as he would need to afford to be able to do this and being a student dont think he can

westlondonsun

so other than the boot floor possibly being crunched up i dont have any other underlying problems to worry about. How about the exhaust, rear suspension, rear tracking of tyres, bearings on the rear axle etc etc?

westlondonsun

so other than the boot floor possibly being crunched up i dont have any other underlying problems to worry about. How about the exhaust, rear suspension, rear tracking of tyres, bearings on the rear axle etc etc?

Anyone???

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members