Had To Call Seat Assistance Today

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Drove my first decent journey in Cupra TDI this weekend - Plymouth to London. All went well & parked up in hotel near Heathrow. That evening, went out to get some grub, only to find Engine Management light came and stayed on ......... oh great !!!

Car still drove ok, so did a quick few miles and back to hotel. Was still the same in the morning, but drove 10 miles to Legoland as didnt want to let little guy down if the fault was bad and we were getting towed home !

Rang Seat assistance @ 15:40 and 1stly she couldnt find my Leon registered on the database. I explained I didnt care as its a UK car and has 5 years of their cover !!! She said she'd get someone there by 16:20. Well, the AA man beat me to my car, I was still in Legoland when he rang and said he'd found my car in car park and was waiting for me....oops !!

Plugged in his Vagcom and it showed 'Glow Plug Circuit 1 error'. So we knew it wasnt going to affect car's driving once it started (and it had no problem doing that). But before he left he checked the glow plug leads and found cyl 1 lead slightly loose. We retried and error had cleared itself..........woohoo. AA man stated he'd never seen that before on a diesel !! As I'm only at 19K miles, its likely lead wasnt correctly put on from build !

So all's well that ends well. Phew glad about that and glad I'm back home.

Oh and if you ever fancy a really good fun park for your younger kids (say 4 to 14) -- then Legoland was ace.

MARK.

Russo

Second Row Forward
Sep 10, 2005
Hatfield, Herts
Good job it was an easy fix. When i had to call out seat assistance a few weeks back, the AA guy couldnt help much as my diagnostic port was broken:(

peterho

Wheely`s post says he has 5 years AA cover on his car ,is this standard for all new seats?.I bought a new Ibiza FR 2 weeks ago and dont remember the salesman saying anything about it,thanks

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Can i ask a question guys?

I have just bought a 55 plate FR (7 months old) and it comes with 2 years AA cover. But the cover is with the car not the person. Am i right in thinking that this 2 years cover i have is with jennings that i bought the car from, BUT SEAT also supply their own cover for cars??

So SEAT give their cars 5 years AA warranty from new?? if so i was not made aware of this from the dealer. Can some one explain the cover?

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
It was 5 years cover for a while (probably just an add on to boost sales at the time) But it's 2 years now.

It was actually 3 when I bought my first Leon about 3 1/2 years ago.

VW cars are 1 year at the moment my mate tells me which is a bit mean.

cmc

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
A question from me - are you actually supposed to get any documenation on this?

I cant even find a phone number for "seat assistance (the AA?)

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
cstevens said:

lol, i havent a clue as i havent got anything in the manual about it either but you do get it. I rang the dealership and they gave me the aa number.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
cstevens said:

I got some details on a Used SEAT I had previously, however with my new SEAT there wasn't much, maybe there was a small card with Seat Assistance the number anyway (for when you need!) is 0500 2222222

SmiffyLCR

EBONY BLACK LCR
Apr 21, 2005
Grimsby
Wheely said:
Oh and if you ever fancy a really good fun park for your younger kids (say 4 to 14) -- then Legoland was ace.

MARK.

Went there during the easter break, my son loved it. From our hotel on the first day, my mate was in his Multipla with the Tom Tom Sat Nav, he got us lost and we ended up going thru' the terminals 1 & 3 at Heathrow !!!!!!!! :doh: Took us 90 mins to get to Legoland. Hotel was only 11 miles away from it. :whistle:
I took the Sat Nav on the 2nd day and managed to get us there in 30mins (at peak traffic time):D

Must admit that I don't like driving in London at all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise