halogen lights question.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
ive been trying to look on the internet regards to the standard leon lights and led lights but cant find anything.i ordered mine a couple of weeks ago but without tech pack.are the standard lights the same shape as the led.the led lights have a triangle effect round the outside of the light.would the halogen lights be exactly the same apart from the actual led bulb itself.its been bugging me for a couple of weeks lol.if anyone can help or send some pics i would be gratefull.cheers.

Glen525

Nov 29, 2015
Im driving a 2014 leon standard lights and am wondering would the led lights fit straight in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Im driving a 2014 leon standard lights and am wondering would the led lights fit straight in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't add them after factory build, at least not without a huge amount of work and expense... They need a completely different wiring loom and control unit, chassis sensors and coding. Not to mention the really quite staggering cost of the LED units themselves. It would be more cost effective to sell yours and buy one fitted with a tech pack.

To answer the original post, the halgen units have a different look to the LED ones, they don't have the 'triangle' shape, they have a more traditional dual 'dish' shaped reflector design instead.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members