Rear indicator causes LED DRL on opposite side to flicker

Chelesty

May 16, 2020
So I just came back from work and drove behind my girlfriend whilst she was driving my Leon facelift with LED lights. I noticed that when she used the indicators, the top part of the DRL that's supposed to go out when you use the blinker would flicker on the other side. The flicker itself is at the exact same frequency as the indicator, and it does it on either side depending which indicator is used. I also noticed that on the left side, 1 LED of the inner blinker strip is dead. Would this single dead diode cause the cluster on the opposite side to turn into a christmas tree? I hope my explanation makes some sense to y'all...

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
So I just came back from work and drove behind my girlfriend whilst she was driving my Leon facelift with LED lights. I noticed that when she used the indicators, the top part of the DRL that's supposed to go out when you use the blinker would flicker on the other side. The flicker itself is at the exact same frequency as the indicator, and it does it on either side depending which indicator is used. I also noticed that on the left side, 1 LED of the inner blinker strip is dead. Would this single dead diode cause the cluster on the opposite side to turn into a christmas tree? I hope my explanation makes some sense to y'all
Could be a bad earth, check and test earth connection at each light.

Reactions: Chelesty