Hand Wash full monty procedure (Car-Lack)

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
Hi folks, looking to complete a full monty hand wash to my Leon (Imperial Blue). I have my shopping list approx +£100, but welcome the more knowledgeable members to provide some advice to whether this would do the job. Have I missed anything obvious? (I have no plans to clay the car, as hope the products will do their work)

So this is how I see my procedure, which I wish to keep simple:

Shampoo: Car-Lack 68 Shampoo
mitt: Sonus Sheepskin Wash Mitt
cloth: Drying towel

Polish + Seal: Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care
applicator: Sonus Der Wunder Applicator
cloth: Polishing towel

Wax: Collinite 476s and considering extra shine from R222 (P21s) Carnauba or Chemical Guys - Pete's 53 Paste Wax
applicator: Blue Pearl Microfibre Applicator Pad
cloth: Buffing Towel

Wheels: Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
tar: Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
polish + seal: Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care
applicator : Sonus Der Wunder Applicator
cloth: Buffing Towel
sealant: Poorboys Wheel Sealant
applicator: Blue Pearl Microfibre Applicator Pad

Tyre: Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing
applicator: Trim & Tyre Dressing Applicator

Window: Rain-X Rain Repellent

Last edited:

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
I like the shampoo but not keen on the Carlack sealants as I find it a bit of a pia in removing unless you get very thin even coats. This is what I was led to believe about Zaino as weel but I got hold of some about 6 months ago and have not looked back. It is a breeze to use and lasts for ages and gives some reallly good final results.
You may struggle a bit also with the scratch x if you are expecting it to remove the swirls. It will reduce them but by hand on hard VAG paint it isn't going to do a whole lot, been there tried that got annoyed. The only real way is a machine polish but on your budget it is worth a try just be prepared to take a long time, maybe a panel a day, door, boot, bonnet, roof. If you don't then it is a waste of product. Small areasand kep on going, best of luck.
Interior I ahve not used the car lack cleaner so cannot comment but would suggest using a m/f rather tahn an applicator. If you can get a couple of drying towels then all the better and use one for door shuts and wheels.
A good list though and can't really fault the products and IMO better than AG SRP and EGP.

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
Thanks for the note on the Scratch X, I have given some further thought on the sealant also and decided not to purchase the Car-Lack 68 Long Life Sealant or the Scratch X. My car is not particularly bad, and anticipate a good product with the Car-Lack 68 Nano.

New plan:
Shampoo: Car-Lack 68 Shampoo
Mitt: Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Bucket: Meguiars Grit Guard and bucket
Cloth: Drying Towel

Polish + Seal: Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care
Applicator: Sonus Der Wunder Applicator
Cloth: Polishing Towel

Wax: Collinite 476s then either R222 (P21S) Carnauba Wax or Chemical Guys - Pete's 53 Paste Wax or Dodo Juice - Purple Haze :headhurt:
Applicator: Blue Perl Microfibre Applicator Pads
Cloth: Buffing Towel

Wheels: Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
Tar: Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
polish + seal: Car-Lack 68 Nano Systematic Care
applicator: Sonus Der Wunder Applicator
Cloth: Polishing Towel
Sealant: Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Applicator: Blue Perl Microfibre Applicator Pad

Tyre: Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing
Applicator: Trim & Tyre Dressing Applicator

Last edited:

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Turtle Wax Colour Magic is just T-Cut in a different disguise. Not good stuff at all as the abrasives don't diminish and you can easily end up making the paint worse than what it was.

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
wow! learn something new every day. Ok - Im going to delete that Turtle Wax Colour. Blame Halfords for limited selection of products for that novice choice over 6 months ago :)

I presume that Nano + R222 (P21S) will do a good job :) I just need to invest in everything now :)

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
P21S is a good wax especially on dark colours. Just dosn't last very long at all. Needs almost a weekly top up but is a doddle to use.

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
oh no - WAX!
Ok- for sure will use Collinite 476s as first coat as part of Car-Lack kit on cleanyourcar website.
Known for durability, but lacks that wow effect so I have read (differing opinions out there)

followed by options all considered good for wow :confused:

R222 (P21S) Carnauba Wax - easy quality, shine and lasting performance but I have read about short life
Chemical Guys - Pete's 53 Paste Wax - premium highest and wettest level of shine carnauba wax
Dodo Juice - Purple Haze - smooth as silk, voluptuous texture and gives outstanding results on darker colours
Chemical Guys - Jetseal109™ - ultra wet-shine high-gloss long life sealant

tonipieleanu

Turtle Wax Colour Magic is just T-Cut in a different disguise. Not good stuff at all as the abrasives don't diminish and you can easily end up making the paint worse than what it was.

Turtlewax Colour Magic is very different from T-Cut, it's full of pigments that remain on your car. It merely masks the defects, I don't think it's very harsh.
Anywasy, it's best to be avoided :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise