Complete Newbie Car Care and Detailing Guide PDF

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So in relation to this, I got fog on most of the windows until I put in the bag of beans under my front passenger seat... now it's minimal at best...

I just have the issue that the outside of my car is dirty lol

We shall have to compare when it's proper cold... I may cheat and add the 2nd bag haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Double bag? That's cheating!

In other news... I'm currently looking at ways to clean my car without water. :scary:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm actually thinking of using this:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have that, it does indeed clean the car but I found unless you get it with very minimal soiling it was creating swirls... I only use it for meets etc

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
As you said in a previous thread, the wetter the better lol

That does sound like something I would say. LOL. I should really add that to my signature. They reckon a bottle does 3-4 cars. We'll see about that!

Saturday I'm hopefully going to: wash n wax the exterior. Leather clean and balm the seats. Interior shampoo the mats. Then degrease the engine bay (looks like fingermouse had a pool party in the oil sump).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That does sound like something I would say. LOL. I should really add that to my signature. They reckon a bottle does 3-4 cars. We'll see about that!

Saturday I'm hopefully going to: wash n wax the exterior. Leather clean and balm the seats. Interior shampoo the mats. Then degrease the engine bay (looks like fingermouse had a pool party in the oil sump).
Yeah it's car cleaning this weekend for me I think, I will do the full Autobrite wax off stuff then clay bar etc I think. Do the major prep work now so the wedding should just be a good top up instead. I must keep a look at the weather... I know I will get rubbish weather up to the wedding lol

I think me and you both will be heavily into cleaning for our photos lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I think me and you both will be heavily into cleaning for our photos lol

A road trip for me used to be filling up with petrol and an a-z. Now I have a gallon of coolant, a litre of oil, quick detailer, glass cleaner, spray n wax, microfibers, a spare set of fuses I've never used, a torch, a multimeter, tyre tread guage, brake wear guage... I think I have a problem.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
A road trip for me used to be filling up with petrol and an a-z. Now I have a gallon of coolant, a litre of oil, quick detailer, glass cleaner, spray n wax, microfibers, a spare set of fuses I've never used, a torch, a multimeter, tyre tread guage, brake wear guage... I think I have a problem.
I've got 1 ltr of oil, 5 microfibres, set of fuses, 300nm torque wrench, funnel, screenwash, first aid kit, digital Breathalyzer, disposeable gloves, blanket, spare bulbs and most importantly my samurai umbrella.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah..a weight problem by the sound of that list

That might be the reason for your low mpg data...or is that just the heavy foot

:lol: hmmm, maybe I could get an extra 10bhp. I'm tempted to dump the spare wheel if I didn't think I'd need it the second I take it out.

300nm torque wrench

Is that in case you pass a truck driver trying to get a wheel back on? :rofl:

Reactions: Maypack

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Now sat researching ceramic coating products and pondering if it's better doing it myself or getting a pro to do it...

When's this detailing day? :)

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Now sat researching ceramic coating products and pondering if it's better doing it myself or getting a pro to do it...

If you do it you need a sealed space to apply it as you don't want to add a fly to your car for 2 years + haha also you need to 2 stage machine polish before to make sure the paintwork is flawless before sealing...

I'd get a pro to do it lol

Regarding detailing day... That's every day lol

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018

If you can keep the car inside for 12hours it’s to actually too bad to do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.