Complete Newbie Car Care and Detailing Guide PDF

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You only need the yellow one if you buy the Buttery Wax though.

Are you getting that too?

Haha, I don't know yet. I liked the idea of being able to apply it in direct sunlight. Not that I'm expecting much sunlight this time of year.

SierraTango

Sep 11, 2018
Edinburgh
1c777a84e0635e62161c9e895592fb75.jpg

What a beautiful result :cam:

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Oh :censored:ing hell, there's a yellow one as well!? I haven't even had time to try the Gyeon glass cleaner yet. :D
Get on it...
You can never have too much lol
Agreed... I have 5 more bottles of stuff arriving today lol
Did you use the Adams blue hand polish applicator?
The last time I did the wax/polish I just used microfibres for applying everything and it seemed so much easier than a pad for some reason...
I just think that they tell everyone not to use sponges ever yet an applicator pad is a sponge pretty much... I know your car should be clean at this point but you'll always find that dirty bit you transfer to the rest of the panel lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The last time I did the wax/polish I just used microfibres for applying everything and it seemed so much easier than a pad for some reason...
I just think that they tell everyone not to use sponges ever yet an applicator pad is a sponge pretty much... I know your car should be clean at this point but you'll always find that dirty bit you transfer to the rest of the panel lol

I use Autofinesse microfiber blocks for polish/glaze and disposable sponges for applying wax. That way I can just throw them away if they get dirty or when I'm done.
k2dCwdk.png

Oh... and they were something like £8 for 50.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I use Autofinesse microfiber blocks for polish/glaze and disposable sponges for applying wax. That way I can just throw them away if they get dirty or when I'm done.
k2dCwdk.png

I like the idea of those. Where did you get them? Direct from Autofinesse?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
k2dCwdk.png

I use the Meguires microfibre pads but I dropped them on the carpet so who know what crap is on them now so back in the wash they go haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I use the Meguires microfibre pads but I dropped them on the carpet so who know what crap is on them now so back in the wash they go haha

I use the meguires with scratchx to buff out scratches. I like the Autofinesse ones cause they are square and hand size so much easier to hold for long periods.

AT0Om9L.png

Reactions: louiskopite

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Walked out to the car this afternoon and it appears the local Seagulls have been using the rear of my car for target practice. I’m sure they were all aiming for the SEATCUPRA.NET sticker but were all crap shots as the entire back end is now brown and white

F@@kin B@st@rd$ !!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Walked out to the car this afternoon and it appears the local Seagulls have been using the rear of my car for target practice. I’m sure they were all aiming for the SEATCUPRA.NET sticker but were all crap shots as the entire back end is now brown and white

F@@kin B@st@rd$ !!

I feel your pain. Dunno how true it is, but I read seagulls like to cr@p in water... and blue cars look like water from above. Got back to the car last week and it was baked on so bad it came off as a single piece! Luckily my sticker is protected by the extended spoiler. I hate driving home from work with a car covered in sh!t.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I feel your pain. Dunno how true it is, but I read seagulls like to cr@p in water... and blue cars look like water from above. Got back to the car last week and it was baked on so bad it came off as a single piece! Luckily my sticker is protected by the extended spoiler. I hate driving home from work with a car covered in sh!t.

I have heard that about Blue cars. I believe any car with a shiny roof looks like sea reflection to birds so they let go. Maybe there’s something into leaving the roof all crapped up and dirty (i.e not wash it)!!

Had to pull out the Emergency Kit.

Meguiars APC and some Sonos Spritz to give a bit of shine back.

I have been left with some “burnt residue” marks which I can see close up. I’ll have a go with my clay at later to see if I can remove them.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I have been left with some “burnt residue” marks which I can see close up. I’ll have a go with my clay at later to see if I can remove them.

Ye, me too... I've polished it about 4 times now... heat gun on it next. Just thinking, weird how everyone does "clean" shots, "beading" shots, but noone ever does "bird shat all over my tailgate" shots. :shrug:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Ye, me too... I've polished it about 4 times now... heat gun on it next. Just thinking, weird how everyone does "clean" shots, "beading" shots, but noone ever does "bird shat all over my tailgate" shots. :shrug:

I was going to take a picture and post it but didn’t want my car to be seen in that light

Deleted member 103408

Now you understand why you should have a white car (same color as bird sh*te)

Reactions: Maypack