Complete Newbie Car Care and Detailing Guide PDF

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do you buy at wholesale prices

If you paid full retail you could probably have bought a Mk3 Cupra with the money you’ve spent lol.
Most of it was on sale or going with the 20% off at Halfords so i've not done too badly...

Didn't realise how much I had till I took them pics this morning... Probably should stop... I think i'll be getting a VW transporter to make a detailing mobile business haha

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Most of it was on sale or going with the 20% off at Halfords so i've not done too badly...

Didn't realise how much I had till I took them pics this morning... Probably should stop... I think i'll be getting a VW transporter to make a detailing mobile business haha

I done the same - 20% off at Halfords or 3 for 2 on everything. Then various products I’ve seen people using on here - Must have at least £400 worth of products, £150 worth of wash mitts, pads, brushes and towels. Then I may have bulk bought air fresheners.

And now I’ve started buying cleaning and detailing products for the engine bay

It’s not an addiction, I swear :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ate we getting a bulk discount on our Detailing Day? I think we will need one otherwise there’s going to be lots of money being spent.
I'm sure we will get something, I can check when they get back to me. I do own alot of their stuff so I "may" be safe.
If anyone asks, everything I come back with was free :)
Good shout haha

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Got these off my wife today.

56669ab1017c4e0fdfbe74ff45951a25.jpg

I think that’s her way of saying “I want my car cleaning”. Don’t mind if I do, just need some decent weather now not

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Got these off my wife today.

Ace! I've had those in my basket so many times whilst halfords staff have watched me walking round mumbling "how much for a bucket and grit guard". But I already have buckets and guards. They just don't match. Grr.

@Jimbobcook you used that liquid collonite yet?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ace! I've had those in my basket so many times whilst halfords staff have watched me walking round mumbling "how much for a bucket and grit guard". But I already have buckets and guards. They just don't match.

I went to my local Halfords during the last sale but they were sold out then. Just tried to put them in my normal storage area and they don’t fit. Looks like I’ll need some new storage as well lol.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Halfords know how to play me - sent me an email with ‘Caramics from Auto Finesse’...well looks like I’m buying that now.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Halfords know how to play me - sent me an email with ‘Caramics from Auto Finesse’...well looks like I’m buying that now.

Haha I just got the same thing... Missed all the individuals and went and looked at the complete set for £100 lol

I thought I best let @Legojon know as well I'm sure he will be all over it haha

I think between us we're keeping detailing sites alive...

Reactions: paddy6789

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I applied that interior glass coating. I took pictures... but you try taking comparison pictures of a piece of glass!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Gave you driven the car and noticed a cleaner windscreen? Streaking? Misting? We need to know these answers!!!

Well, the gyeon glass cleaner is really good. It cleaned a good amount of dirt off the interior. Killed some overspray from vinyl n rubber and streak free. Its my new goto glass cleaner. The anti-fog, I took my misted windscreen pic including outside temp showing 8.5 degrees. But to test, I need it to be 8.5 degrees again. LOL.

jkk0Nf6.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks like my next purchase then.

I didn't really get on with dojo juice glass cleaner (it was better at cleaning cr@p off my paintwork), and being menthol it said not to get it on rubber or plastic! Um, cleaning inside a windscreen without overspray!? Autoglym I could never get to work without smearing. So yeah, if I can use it, it'll work for anyone. LOL.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmmm, so... as said before, I really like the Gyeon glass cleaner. It hasn't really been cold enough to see if the anti-fog does anything useful. However, whilst the glass is clear and sparkly most of the time. I've noticed if the sun hits the windscreen at certain angles when I'm driving, I can actually see the anti-fog coating!! And it's really annoying. Maybe I did something wrong. But I followed the instructions to the letter. I'm tempted to clean it all back off again. I've tried buffing it with a microfiber every night for the last 3 nights. But it doesn't seem to touch it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just to retract my previous statement. LOL. So I attempted to clean off the visible anti-fog coating. It was a nightmare to get off. But eventually I did it and clear windscreen again. Last couple of mornings, I've had a little fog on the inside of the windscreen which has cleared within seconds of switching the blower on. I'd normally be sitting there for 5+ minutes. So it's entirely possible I applied way too much of it. Hopefully I can try it again when the weather gets colder. But for now, for the price I'm quite pleased.

Also worth noting is the kit doesn't come with the pre-cleaner. It was mentioned in the instructions, so I assumed it came with it. A bit annoyed when I opened the bag and then read you have to buy it separately.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members