What are you using...

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Would a medium-heavy cut polish not be a bit overkill on paint that should have minimal swirls or marring? Seems more like something for use on a car that has a few K under its belt
Hi,
Yes, I was under the same impression as you, but from reading and advice I went with the above combo.
Apparently If using S20, no need black pads ( Soft hex ), because with medium pad ( Green Hex ), S20 will finish down perfectly without the need for a second stage.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Ah fair enough, I have a bottle of Sonax 04-06 which seems a similar sort of product to the S20 albeit a bit less agressive, will have a look at adding a few more pads to the selection (yellow, orange and white currently, first 2 are cutting pads rather than polishing)

Last edited:

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Ah fair enough, I have a bottle of Sonax 04-06 which seems a similar sort of product to the S20 albeit a bit less agressive, will have a look at adding a few more pads to the selection (yellow, orange and white currently, first 2 are cutting pads rather than polishing)
Sonax 04-06 is an excellent one step polish as well,
I always loved using the hex green pads.
As you say, Yellow and Orange would be a bit harsh on a new car, The white I feel would be too soft.

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
206A506A-CF66-4231-9826-904EB2A7DFBB.jpeg
AF044DF1-DAC1-419F-9192-243FA6D25E85.jpeg
Guys I want to give a shout out for Anachem stuff. The stuff is great and anyone who I know uses it loves it. Their fallout remover is like a gel and sticks for ages. The hydra clean is like a rainx style stuff without the faff. Got to know the guy who sells it and he’s a decent person and very helpful. All PH neutral so won’t strip waxes. Want to check it out Anachem-automotive.com give me a shout if you want to know more.

Reactions: vectra and Legojon
Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members