What are you using...

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Would a medium-heavy cut polish not be a bit overkill on paint that should have minimal swirls or marring? Seems more like something for use on a car that has a few K under its belt
Hi,
Yes, I was under the same impression as you, but from reading and advice I went with the above combo.
Apparently If using S20, no need black pads ( Soft hex ), because with medium pad ( Green Hex ), S20 will finish down perfectly without the need for a second stage.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Ah fair enough, I have a bottle of Sonax 04-06 which seems a similar sort of product to the S20 albeit a bit less agressive, will have a look at adding a few more pads to the selection (yellow, orange and white currently, first 2 are cutting pads rather than polishing)

Last edited:

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Ah fair enough, I have a bottle of Sonax 04-06 which seems a similar sort of product to the S20 albeit a bit less agressive, will have a look at adding a few more pads to the selection (yellow, orange and white currently, first 2 are cutting pads rather than polishing)

Sonax 04-06 is an excellent one step polish as well,
I always loved using the hex green pads.
As you say, Yellow and Orange would be a bit harsh on a new car, The white I feel would be too soft.

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
206A506A-CF66-4231-9826-904EB2A7DFBB.jpeg
AF044DF1-DAC1-419F-9192-243FA6D25E85.jpeg
Guys I want to give a shout out for Anachem stuff. The stuff is great and anyone who I know uses it loves it. Their fallout remover is like a gel and sticks for ages. The hydra clean is like a rainx style stuff without the faff. Got to know the guy who sells it and he’s a decent person and very helpful. All PH neutral so won’t strip waxes. Want to check it out Anachem-automotive.com give me a shout if you want to know more.

Reactions: vectra and Legojon

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Funnily enough I went to Halfords the other day and did the same. Not as expensive as your trip but bought a few tubs of the amour all Matt dash wipes.
These seem to be the only thing that will clean really light coloured interior plastics speaking from previous experience with a Saab many years ago.
I’m picking up a new motor next week that has cream coloured door cards, seatbelts and plastics so thought I’d get a few in hand.

Reactions: SteveW

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Surprising what happens when the pubs close but Halfords stays open. ?
I've been buying quite a lot of stuff lately since I bought the Leon back in June, mainly due to not really going out much due to lockdown and working from home so saving a fortune on fuel as I'm not commuting.

I've got the cleaning bug again since buying the Leon. I used to love it and kinda lost interest over the last few years, doing the bare minimum to keep a car clean, but I'm really enjoying it again now.

I've been "borrowing" my dad's K2 Compact pressure washer for about 12 months so thought it's about time I had my own. I looked at some more expensive ones, but I live in a new build and the water pressure isn't great from the taps, and the outside tap is even worse, so was worried that the flow wouldn't keep up with the better washers. Dad's K2 seems to do a good enough job for what I need, so went for the new K2 Full Control.

Never tried snow foam before either, so that'll be fun :)

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I've been buying quite a lot of stuff lately since I bought the Leon back in June, mainly due to not really going out much due to lockdown and working from home so saving a fortune on fuel as I'm not commuting.

I've got the cleaning bug again since buying the Leon. I used to love it and kinda lost interest over the last few years, doing the bare minimum to keep a car clean, but I'm really enjoying it again now.

I've been "borrowing" my dad's K2 Compact pressure washer for about 12 months so thought it's about time I had my own. I looked at some more expensive ones, but I live in a new build and the water pressure isn't great from the taps, and the outside tap is even worse, so was worried that the flow wouldn't keep up with the better washers. Dad's K2 seems to do a good enough job for what I need, so went for the new K2 Full Control.

Never tried snow foam before either, so that'll be fun :)
I love snow foam, I use it even when my cars aren’t even that dirty.
Most smell really nice too.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Funnily enough I went to Halfords the other day and did the same. Not as expensive as your trip but bought a few tubs of the amour all Matt dash wipes.
These seem to be the only thing that will clean really light coloured interior plastics speaking from previous experience with a Saab many years ago.
I’m picking up a new motor next week that has cream coloured door cards, seatbelts and plastics so thought I’d get a few in hand.
I use the AG Vinyl & Rubber Care and that does a good job, but the trim in all the cars I clean (mine, Mrs SteveW's Stepway and step-son's Ibiza) is all dark so you can't see the dirt as well - so I guess I don't really know if it cleans it that well......

Reactions: Nathan penney

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I use the AG Vinyl & Rubber Care and that does a good job, but the trim in all the cars I clean (mine, Mrs SteveW's Stepway and step-son's Ibiza) is all dark so you can't see the dirt as well - so I guess I don't really know if it cleans it that well......
I use that stuff on everything too.
Its brilliant, but like you say if you use it on beige or light plastics it just doesn’t cut it.
Cause my Leon’s 15 years old nearly I do the window rubbers with it as a routine clean to keep them soft.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I need a cabinet like above haha detailing goals!

Just so you're all aware that one of our Forum sponsors @AP Alex has a forum 20% discount rolling on Autobrite in our offers section, i've used many Autobrite products and have held up if not beaten the mainstream ones i'd previously used. You know how we like to spend peoples money here haha

Check this link and click on his link for the code etc - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forums/offers-and-discounts.363/

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Here's some of my range of products...

Starting to refine it down to what I'll use..
dc05d806d614fc63cabfcea3101deaf0.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.