Handling issue, pulls left advice much appreciated!

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Right guys

Firstly I know I have an issue with my back tyres, which deflate of their own accord, which will add to this issue, but I think there is something else and would like some help.

Last night the car felt like someone had grabbed the wheel and turned it to the left, this was on a straight bit of road, not accelerating at all. There was also a knocking sound, but im not sure if its just what was in the boot.

Much of the time the car is fine.

I also get a slight grinding sound very much identical to the sound brake pads make when they are low from the rear left when setting off, usually in the morning or when the car hasnt been used. The pads are okay by the way.

Is it possible for the rear calipers to stick? or is there another common issue which will cause the above?

Also, im tempted to get some new tyres for the rear and get everything aligned, however I want to make sure everything else is sorted before i do this.

Last edited:

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
I am thinking that also, the only thing is i want to make sure there is nothing else wrong before i get that done, im considering new tyres for the back anyway, so alignment would be part of that.

Feels like the rear left brake is binding when i first manouvre the car ie 3 point turn type, in the morning. Seem fine after that. Also last night it felt like someone had hold of the steering wheel and was trying to turn it left on a straight road.

Last edited:

moink10

Sep 27, 2008
Ludlow, Shropshire
hi i also have this problem mate, i need to get the wheel alignment done which im getting done once i have fitted my new brake discs sat morning. With my caliper im going to strip it down clean it up and sand down the pins as i think there sticking, grease them up and then put it all back together and hope all of this solves it. Probably not knowing my luck haha