Hardwire dashcam, which fuse?

courty

Oct 26, 2021
Just picked up my 2.0 245 today, tomorrow's task is to fit my dash cam and add all of the other junk from the boot of my VRS.

Can anyone recommend a fuse which is live only whilst the ignition is on?

TIA

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I’ve hard wired my front/rear dashcam in the Formentor using this video below (to enable the parking mode). I would think the fuse board etc is the same. I’ve had no issues at all compared to when I had it plugged in via usb.

Reactions: courty

courty

Oct 26, 2021
I’ve hard wired my front/rear dashcam in the Formentor using this video below (to enable the parking mode). I would think the fuse board etc is the same. I’ve had no issues at all compared to when I had it plugged in via usb.

Cheers, that looks straightforward enough. 👍

Reactions: jcbmally

dartsi

Jun 5, 2017
Just bumping this thread with additional info for others – I wired my dashcam to the fuses for the rear wiper (ACC) and the sunroof (12v constant). If you don't have a sunroof, the fuses for the interior light and auto gear selector also have constant 12v. (As far as I can tell, all the larger fuses in the left column get constant 12v, and the ones in the right column are switched 12v.) They seem to work perfectly. I have a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 and used the parking cable from Garmin, which requires separate constant and switched 12v. I grounded the cable to one of the big torx bolts near the fuse box, of which there are a few to choose from.

Attachments

• camphoto_33463914.JPG
    camphoto_33463914.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 254
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.