Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Feel for you all patiently awaiting your cars.
I only found out what a Formentor was 2 weeks ago, now I’ve got one sat in my garage.
Haha I know mate very lucky position you found yourself in as did I. 5 weeks after ordering I'm 4 1/2 hours away from getting mine

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just had a chat with my dealer who is setting off shortly with my car. He informed me that he has got the mats, first aid kit, gift box kit etc. Interestingly though he told me quite a number of Formentor's have been sent without some of these ( which I know some of you have been saying) the dealership have had to order more of the bracelet and key cover packs as spares. So someone's not doing so e quality control somewhere. So any of you that are waiting for your cars get in touch and say that you expect them to be with the car. I will give you an update on exactly what I've got when my car arrives.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I've taken some pics but says they are too big to send that rear light bar is a joy to look at lit up. I've been looking into the infotainment for months on YouTube etc and I got in it and forgot it all. It's lovely to sit in and turn the engine on and it makes you feel like your behind the wheel of a monster. It's going to take hours to get to grips with everything. Got a grin on my face like a Cheshire cat!

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Nice 👍 what are your first impressions of your Formentor?

first impressions are it’s very well kitted out and looks better in the metal than in pictures / videos.
I love how it looks (has a purposeful stance) and the seats and seating position for this type of car are really good.
It’s fast enough, but not ridiculously fast, quite happy just cruising around (adaptive dampers work well), doesn’t feel like a car that makes you want to drive fast if you know what I mean.

The infotainment is good, but can be over complicated at first. I’m not normally a manual reader, but there is so much going on that I’m becoming one for this car.
I’m getting there and will get over that pretty quickly.

There are two minor things I don’t like - the fake noise in Cupra mode and the fact that there isn’t a more immediate and easy to access rear demister button.

Getting a ceramic coating applied next week, so will get some photos up then.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanH72 and Peyton

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Lads I'm absolutely overwhelmed. I know I'm coming from a 1.2tsi seat Leon but my first impressions are off the chart.

Being overwhelmed is ok and fine... just remember.. don't be a leadfoot and don't redline (at least on the first hundreds of miles) it... I know that wouldn't be easy but... stay strong and calm with the loud pedal.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
first impressions are it’s very well kitted out and looks better in the metal than in pictures / videos.
I love how it looks (has a purpose and the seats and seating position for this type of car are really good.
It’s fast enough, but not ridiculously fast, quite happy just cruising around (adaptive dampers work well), doesn’t feel like a car that makes you want to drive fast if you know what I mean.

The infotainment is good, but can be over complicated at first. I’m not normally a manual reader, but there is so much going on that I’m becoming one for this car.
I’m getting there and will get over that pretty quickly.

There are two minor things I don’t like - the fake noise in Cupra mode and the fact that there isn’t a more immediate and easy to access rear demister button.

Getting a ceramic coating applied next week, so will get some photos up then.
Being overwhelmed is ok and fine... just remember.. don't be a leadfoot and don't redline (at least on the first hundreds of miles) it... I know that wouldn't be easy but... stay strong and calm with the loud pedal.
Will do mate, thanks for the advise. Only done a 3 mile commute back from work was just fiddling with the d/s and paddles on way home. It feels special getting into the thing. The guy that dropped it off wasn't sure if it had the tailgate operated with the foot, so I showed him and it worked a treat ha

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Did you know that you can program the wing mirrors and driver’s seat positions to your key and the second key can be programmed in the same way for a second driver?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Did you know that you can program the wing mirrors and driver’s seat positions to your key and the second key can be programmed in the same way for a second driver?

Yeah mate Gona fiddle around with all that and set the cupra app up.

Reactions: IanH72