Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Did you get the car delivered to your school Rick and if so did you get many comments from staff and students?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just within the 2 miles of driving home you can see heads turn from drivers and pedestrians. It's fantastic having a car that no one else has and looks as it does

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Did you get the car delivered to your school Rick and if so did you get many comments from staff and students?
I did get it delivered there mate. I was tucked away in a corner that's away from most of the school though so no one really saw it. And as it is a phased return there are only a couple of hundred kids in but I did drive past a couple of them on way out and it got a bit of attention. Give it a couple of weeks when the engine is bedded in a bit and I will give them a clue of neutral pops and bangs

Reactions: Peyton

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021

Following on from my other comment I took a couple of colleagues to see it and they were thoroughly Impressed

Reactions: IanH72

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I did get it delivered there mate. I was tucked away in a corner that's away from most of the school though so no one really saw it. And as it is a phased return there are only a couple of hundred kids in but I did drive past a couple of them on way out and it got a bit of attention. Give it a couple of weeks when the engine is bedded in a bit and I will give them a clue of neutral pops and bangs
Are you the Head Teacher at your school or just thought you would treat yourself to the Formentor?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Are you the Head Teacher at your school or just thought you would treat yourself to the Formentor?
Ha no I'm nowhere near the headteacher I'm only 28. ha and she has a mini clubman ha. Think I'm winning out of everyone in the car park though ha

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Ha no I'm nowhere near the headteacher I'm only 28. ha and she has a mini clubman ha. Think I'm winning out of everyone in the car park though ha
The Formentor is a really nice car to have at your age, I’m 48 and can’t wait still. I remember when I was 25 and ordered an Impreza Turbo as a company car how long the 8 month wait was but just how excited I was when I got it.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
first impressions are it’s very well kitted out and looks better in the metal than in pictures / videos.
I love how it looks (has a purposeful stance) and the seats and seating position for this type of car are really good.
It’s fast enough, but not ridiculously fast, quite happy just cruising around (adaptive dampers work well), doesn’t feel like a car that makes you want to drive fast if you know what I mean.

The infotainment is good, but can be over complicated at first. I’m not normally a manual reader, but there is so much going on that I’m becoming one for this car.
I’m getting there and will get over that pretty quickly.

There are two minor things I don’t like - the fake noise in Cupra mode and the fact that there isn’t a more immediate and easy to access rear demister button.

Getting a ceramic coating applied next week, so will get some photos up then.
Re the demist function, look down to your right at the lighting control panel (don't ask me why they are there as they have nothing to do with the lights!) and you'll find a front screen demist and rear screen heater touch buttons. One touch operation for both on and off.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Re the demist function, look down to your right at the lighting control panel (don't ask me why they are there as they have nothing to do with the lights!) and you'll find a front screen demist and rear screen heater touch buttons. One touch operation for both on and off.

I was going to say but I had only briefly looked over at that lighting console shortly but I'm sure I clocked it so yeah that is useful.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021

Great, thanks.
One problem solved!

Will just set up my driving mode on Individual and turn the fake noise off, then it’s all good.

Parked up to pick my daughter up from school today and a V2 (I think) Formentor was parking up behind me.
Isn’t it always the way - never see another one until you get it and then there’s someone in the same village as you with one!!!!!

spotted it coming from way off, such good road presence!

Last edited:
Reactions: Peyton

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Isn’t it always the way - never see another one until you get it

I know of at least another 6 Formentors in the area where I live. I know there are at least 3 VZ Editions, a couple are VZ2 and not sure of what the others are.

To look at them, there areas only a few differences between all models; Exhaust layout, Calipers and Wheels mainly but also sunroof too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Well just got in and hung the keys up for the night. Think my missus is going to get jealous as I know have a new love in my life. The only thing that I've got an issue with at the moment and it's only because I haven't read the manual properly and was just pressing buttons ha but I've set the lane assist up when I got onto a dual carriageway and struggled to turn it off and whenever I now enter a dial carriageway it automatically comes on... Anyone know how to sort this without having to get the book out ha?

Reactions: Peyton and Gregums

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Well just got in and hung the keys up for the night. Think my missus is going to get jealous as I know have a new love in my life. The only thing that I've got an issue with at the moment and it's only because I haven't read the manual properly and was just pressing buttons ha but I've set the lane assist up when I got onto a dual carriageway and struggled to turn it off and whenever I now enter a dial carriageway it automatically comes on... Anyone know how to sort this without having to get the book out ha?
I think the lane assist defaults to switching on, each time you use the car. I don't think you can override this as it's one of the reasons the car got 5 star Euro NCAP? If you look on the steering wheel, on the left side, the button next to the cruise control (to the right?) should switch it off each time at the press of a single button?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Easiest way to turn Lane Assist off is to tap the car icon at the bottom r/h corner of the infotainment screen and you should see the option to turn off Lane Assist.

I do this every time I get in my car (as well as switching stop/start off).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I think the lane assist defaults to switching on, each time you use the car. I don't think you can override this as it's one of the reasons the car got 5 star Euro NCAP? If you look on the steering wheel, on the left side, the button next to the cruise control (to the right?) should switch it off each time at the press of a single button?

No probs I will have a look at the manual this evening and have a play around tomorrow.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Easiest way to turn Lane Assist off is to tap the car icon at the bottom r/h corner of the infotainment screen and you should see the option to turn off Lane Assist.

I do this every time I get in my car (as well as switching stop/start off).

Cheers maypack, yeah I know you can turn it off in the assist systems I just wasn't sure whether I turned it on via the steering wheel and couldn't get it off or whether it came on automatically when it detects more than 1 lane. My fault really as I was just pressing buttons not really knowing how to do it. I've got no idea how to set the distance/ speed of the car in front but I will get there. Really happy with first impressions though

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Glad you like your car. Wait till it has a few miles on the clock and then press that noisy pedal to see how much difference there is between the VZ2 and your previous car.

Be prepared for lots of smiles and swearing from your other half

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Glad you like your car. Wait till it has a few miles on the clock and then press that noisy pedal to see how much difference there is between the VZ2 and your previous car.

Be prepared for lots of smiles and swearing from your other half
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Think more like ' slow the hell down, what do you think your doing!?'

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Second day of having my formentor not done much driving today at all but when I've been in it it really is starting to hit home how solid it feels to drive. The long bonnet is a masterpiece and the sculptured lines make you feel like you are sitting behind the wheel of a car much bigger than its actual size. Again it might be me coming from a Leon to the Formentor but it feels big, not in a negative way at all , it feels so hunkered down, meaty and solid, with a real presence, t's fantastic.

Reactions: IanH72
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.