Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Alex_gregory_uk

Magnetic Tech Grey Cupra Formentor V2 Manual
Mar 14, 2015
York
So I placed my order for a V2 1.5 Manual in Magnetic Tech Grey and Black interior. No options. Order was placed on 14th/15th Jan. Build week is confirmed as week 7 which is the 3rd week of Feb. It should be at the dealers at the beginning of April. I'm not in a rush as my current lease ends in June but I will start getting an early termination quote from April.

Reactions: Wally

Wally

Jan 9, 2021
Just picked the car up and you can see the photo. mileage was 0 when I got it: sweeeeet.
what do you think?
PS: The VZ Edition is also numbered (as one is the 100 made for the UK). Cool
5AE9D580-4593-4962-B8EB-74B2864678B3.jpeg
5CA9343D-CF95-490E-A3AD-2D53162FA48C.jpeg

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Just picked the car up and you can see the photo. mileage was 0 when I got it: sweeeeet.
what do you think?
PS: The VZ Edition is also numbered (as one is the 100 made for the UK). Cool View attachment 21613 View attachment 21614
What a car :).

I'm anxiously waiting (for a few more months) for my VZ to come. Same color, other copper rims. Can't wait. Please come back and comment if you hit any issues with the car, I've seen that some owners in Germany were complaining of bugs in the software.

Have fun with the car, be careful of speeding tickets :).

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021

I'm anxiously waiting (for a few more months) for my VZ to come. Same color, other copper rims. Can't wait. Please come back and comment if you hit any issues with the car, I've seen that some owners in Germany were complaining of bugs in the software.

Check out the forum posts, several (including me) experienced software bugs, but mine are now sorted (or so far ? )

Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton

Wally

Jan 9, 2021

Thanks for the heads up. So far so good. But I will keep an eye out. If I run into any problems, I will definitely be sharing with you guys.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
So I placed my order for a V2 1.5 Manual in Magnetic Tech Grey and Black interior. No options. Order was placed on 14th/15th Jan. Build week is confirmed as week 7 which is the 3rd week of Feb. It should be at the dealers at the beginning of April. I'm not in a rush as my current lease ends in June but I will start getting an early termination quote from April.

Depending what the list price was for your V2 you might want to download the latest brochure as the price of the V2 has been reduced by £465!

It’s the only model that’s been reduced in price! I’m quite angry as I placed my order on 29 December to benefit from the price protection and then they go and reduce the price a few weeks later and my car hasn’t even been built yet.

I’m going to be contacting my dealer about this tomorrow.

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
Depending what the list price was for your V2 you might want to download the latest brochure as the price of the V2 has been reduced by £465!

It’s the only model that’s been reduced in price! I’m quite angry as I placed my order on 29 December to benefit from the price protection and then they go and reduce the price a few weeks later and my car hasn’t even been built yet.

I’m going to be contacting my dealer about this tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up. I've seen your other post and great spot and shocking to see they have removed the Electric tail gate and virtual pedal from the V2 without the option to even add it as an option. I'll be annoyed if we don't get this as you sign up for a spec and then they remove an item.

I've gone down the lease route so would be £12.91 less a month which makes a difference. I either want the Electric tailgate or my monthly payments to be less!

I'll be speaking to the dealer I've order with to see what they say.

Cheers

Alex

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. I've seen your other post and great spot and shocking to see they have removed the Electric tail gate and virtual pedal from the V2 without the option to even add it as an option. I'll be annoyed if we don't get this as you sign up for a spec and then they remove an item.

I've gone down the lease route so would be £12.91 less a month which makes a difference. I either want the Electric tailgate or my monthly payments to be less!

I'll be speaking to the dealer I've order with to see what they say.

Cheers

Alex

I would like to think we still get the spec we ordered. When my car was ordered my dealer sent me this screen dump of the order and you will see there is a model code and version number. I assume this will tell the factory what spec the model we ordered has? It’s reassuring that mine says version 1!

I’m still going to push for the lower price to be honoured as Cupra have effectively devalued our car before it has been built. Residuals will be lower as the list price is now £465 lower. The fact it has the electric tailgate won’t make a difference to the residual value just like factory options don’t make a difference.

Attachments

• B2A88918-F49B-4A58-A13E-254E660E4B35.jpeg
    B2A88918-F49B-4A58-A13E-254E660E4B35.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 102

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
I would like to think we still get the spec we ordered. When my car was ordered my dealer sent me this screen dump of the order and you will see there is a model code and version number. I assume this will tell the factory what spec the model we ordered has? It’s reassuring that mine says version 1!

I’m still going to push for the lower price to be honoured as Cupra have effectively devalued our car before it has been built. Residuals will be lower as the list price is now £465 lower. The fact it has the electric tailgate won’t make a difference to the residual value just like factory options don’t make a difference.
I've had confirmation from my dealer that all V2's from build week 52 do not come with the electric boot so we won't be getting it sadly. My lease price was done on the lower price so not much I can do.

I'll live without it but a shame they lowered the spec of the car.

The explanation of the removal is shortage of parts and to not delay production of the V2 they changed the spec.

Let us know how you get on Jonny

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
I've had confirmation from my dealer that all V2's from build week 52 do not come with the electric boot so we won't be getting it sadly. My lease price was done on the lower price so not much I can do.

I'll live without it but a shame they lowered the spec of the car.

The explanation of the removal is shortage of parts and to not delay production of the V2 they changed the spec.

Let us know how you get on Jonny
My dealer wasn’t aware of the spec change until I brought it to their attention and they weren’t able to confirm if my Formentor will be built with the electric tailgate and suggested that I contact Cupra directly.

I have just emailed the CEO of Cupra UK asking for reassurance that my vehicle will be supplied with the electric tailgate as per the specification at the time of placing my order. I also made them aware that I still expect to receive a vehicle with an electric tailgate as this was one of the deciding factors in me ordering this vehicle.

I have been charged the original price that included the electric tailgate!

When did you place your order out of interest?

Reactions: jcbmally

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Dealer confirmed today, that he can't register car with private plate on PCH and I will get standard one. He received guidelines from VWFS. So they want me to pay 2 x £50 to change plate, rather than allow to register car on private plate from new. Not happy about it. I know, 1st world problem.

Got standard reg number, so I can get insurance for collection.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just had contact from my dealer that they are expecting the car to arrive with them today or Monday. Anyone know what else really needs to happen does it take a few days for them to give the car a once over etc? or is it the case of a quick turn around and sign a few documents on delivery?

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
Dealer confirmed today, that he can't register car with private plate on PCH and I will get standard one. He received guidelines from VWFS. So they want me to pay 2 x £50 to change plate, rather than allow to register car on private plate from new. Not happy about it. I know, 1st world problem.

Got standard reg number, so I can get insurance for collection.
Sorry I'm late but Dom at Lookers as said to me that he can put the plate on from new for free. I'm also getting mine on PCH. Still waiting for my car to come so I may have to end up paying the admin charges like you but I'll update this thread either way.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I suspect my dealer is more retail one, and whatever VWFS says, he listens. Maybe I should have sticked with Stockport dealer, becuase they have more fleet experience, but wanted to support local business. I know some dealers can put private plates on PCH, so they know how to do it and do it reguarly. I asked my dealer to investigate again and gave email to Dom.

Just had contact from my dealer that they are expecting the car to arrive with them today or Monday. Anyone know what else really needs to happen does it take a few days for them to give the car a once over etc? or is it the case of a quick turn around and sign a few documents on delivery?
They need to do PDi, fill in paperwork, ask you to sign paperwork, etc. I was told, I could collect it next Saturday, so all doable in a week. Depends how busy is the dealer.

Last edited:

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I suspect my dealer is more retail one, and whatever VWFS says, he listens. Maybe I should have sticked with Stockport dealer, becuase they have more fleet experience, but wanted to support local business. I know some dealers can put private plates on PCH, so they know how to do it and do it reguarly. I may try to push it again next week.

They need to do PDi, fill in paperwork, ask you to sign paperwork, etc. I was told, I could collect it next Saturday, so all doable in a week. Depends how busy is the dealer.

Ah okay cheers, with Covid are the documents just scanned over to sign and sent back electronically?