Has anyone TXTd god about the Cupra??

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
We txtd GOD and ask him which is the best car to buy, the Civic Type R or the Seat Leon Cupra...

He replied the that the Seat Leon T FSI is better than the Honda Civic Type R. The Seat produces 236 bhp compared to the Honda's 198bhp..

So there you have it guys God says the CUPRA is better.....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
must be desperate to shift them if they need to give out 0% finance at launch.

That's a Citroen ploy... and they have amazing depreciation

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
At the end of the day the Megane is a renault..The renaults Ive owned in the past have been money eaters on repairs and service!!! But then again thats why we have personal choice otherwise the world would be a very very boring place!!!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
must be desperate to shift them if they need to give out 0% finance at launch.

That's a Citroen ploy... and they have amazing depreciation

not really seeing as the R26 is run out stock, have a drive they are dynamically superb, shame about the ass on it and french build quality

oh and depreciation, bearing in mind you can buy an R26 for £15850 on the road, and the cheapest 225 sport available on autotrader is £10k and just 3yrs old, it looks like a 60% three year retnetion at worst. Not bad, at all.

Last edited:

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
what does the r26 tune to as i think for the price its not bad and 0% finance but its french.I have just had one of the new ctr's from work as i wanted to see what it was like as i have an 05 plate one and i have to say its pretty good and the shift light on the dash just make you want to drive it hard.I think its a bit more grown up but it still got the fun of the old one and the sound from the exhausts is nice.I get a good deal on them at work so i am thinking of getting one but i need to drive the new cupra first before i make a choice.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
has everyone seen this months top gear mag. the stig thinks the type R is amazing and thought the CUPRA was a bit crap. personally given the choice between the two i would still go for the CUPRA cos it'll be more of a rarity, and i don't really do track days, and in real world sporty driving on m/ways and b roads the extra 40 horses will be more noticable, plus i love my LCR and am naturally biased toward SEATs, having said that i saw a new black type R yesterday and they are very nice looking.

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
I believe that the R26 can be remapped to around 260bhp.

Been a test drive in the new Cupra today. Very nice! Gave me the same feeling as the LCR did three years ago (but more advanced!). It seems to do everything really well - not class leading in any particular field. Just a really good all rounder. A sporting useable hatchback as opposed to the R26 which is just an all out hot hatch. I think the the CTR relies a bit TOO much on novelty value - the looks, the engine, the interior.
Time to decide......

anzi

I believe that the R26 can be remapped to around 260bhp.

Been a test drive in the new Cupra today. Very nice! Gave me the same feeling as the LCR did three years ago (but more advanced!). It seems to do everything really well - not class leading in any particular field. Just a really good all rounder. A sporting useable hatchback as opposed to the R26 which is just an all out hot hatch. I think the the CTR relies a bit TOO much on novelty value - the looks, the engine, the interior.
Time to decide......

Standard Cupra delivery power: 261,3hp

http://motor.terra.es/motor/pruebas/c_nuestros.cfm?id=MOT34777

Compare to Mazda MPS 3: 260,7hp

http://motor.terra.es/motor/pruebas/c_nuestros.cfm?id=MOT35107

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
i have just been and looked at the r26 and the cupra and the cupra is not that good it just does not look special enough.The dash is not good at all just looks very cheap and boring but the seats are really nice and thats about it very audi rs4.I dont think its worth £20000 for it as the dealer i was at said thay are putting a body kit on it to make it look better as it looks like the fr way too much.ANT FR who can you get an r26 from at that price as i put it to a dealer and they said no way as they only get 7% in the car? the r26 does look the part but its a renault and the bum is a bit bad so had another look at a black 07 ctr and its the most moddern of them on looks and inside and even the dealers said the honda will hold its money better than the cupra and the r26 so i have no idea what car i am after now :shrug:

Last edited: