Haynes Manual - A3 or Golf?

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
Before I get shot down yes I've searched, I've read previous posts and still have a few questions. I want a workshop manual that will be as close as possible to the Leon Cupra 20VT.

Previous threads have suggested the Golf Manual but I thought the Leon had more in common with the A3, engine wise specifically 1.8T Quattro Engine (180BHP)

Am I right in assuming the following?
Suspension setup will be similar / same as 1.8T Sport (150BHP)
Brakes will be same as 1.8T Quattro
Dashboard is A3 dashboard (other than centre console)
Doors will be similar (window regulators, switches, lock barrels etc etc)

I will also be acquiring a VAGCOM cable & a copy of vagcom to assist with fault analysis, main aim for the manual is to take on jobs up to "3 spanners"

I can see your train of thought but you may be making trouble for yourself as some parts are the same but not others making it pardon me saying a bit pointless having say an audi a3 manual, but could shed some light i suppose if componants are the same, Guess some help on paper is better than none!

Jim

chris0272

Its a bit of a shambles that Haynes dont do a manual for the LEON However it IS under consideration. (how long it will take them at Haynes to realise that people are crying out for them) There sales might just go up by a few %

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.