Haynes Manual?

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Im currently in the process of buying a mk3 cupra and went down to my local halfords to see if i can get a copy, much to my surprise i couldnt find one anywhere. All i could find is the older series, now ive heard a rumour that haynes dont bring out a manual untill the car has been out of production for 3 years :confused: ?

So if this is the case can we be expecting a Haynes manual hitting the shelves soon?or is it already out?

Thanks

Russell :D

DorsetStrider

Feb 9, 2007
Poole, Dorset
Haynes Manuals.

Hiya all.

I've got a MkIII ibiza chill on a 51 reg.

As haynes will never produce a manual for this car (as not enough of them were produced) I thought I'd ask you knowledgable lot.

If the Mk3 is a Mk2 facelift is it worth my while getting a Mk2 manual? I've flicked through one at work and from what I can see the differences are cosmetic... does anyone know if this is definately the case? :help:

Oh for the record mine has an AUD engine code.

maxlifo

05 MK4 Ibiza FR 20VT
Jul 30, 2007
Hi all,

Would be great if anyone could point us both to an electronic manual. Seen em advertised on ebay, but free is always better :D

Cheers.

Edit: Just done a search and it seems it's not really tolerated on this site, which is fair enough. the search continues...

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the mk2 will get you 80% of the way there, the wiring is different, but the mechanics are similar enough.

phil472

the mk2 will get you 80% of the way there, the wiring is different, but the mechanics are similar enough.

What would be the best option for the wiring then? The Mk3 Polo? I need to replace a relay but I dont know which :cry:

phil472

Cheers for the heads up on the mk3 polo.

The problem I have weird. The fog light on the dash board is very dimly light when the ignition is on. But when you try to turn the fog light on the front wipers come on the rear wiper does not work at all and also when I open the boot there is a very strange buzzing noise coming from the dash board. This subsequently developed into the front wipers coming on whenever the car was started....and staying on!

Ive tried the following;
Disconnecting the interior light in the boot
Changing the connector in the boot panel

Neither worked. I have found that disconnecting the connector for the rear wiper (not the same connector I changed) causes the buzzing to stop and the front wipers to operate normally. However the rear wiper and fog lights no longer work.

Someone who apparently knows loads about car electronics reckoned it was a relay problem. Hence I was looking to find out which relay does what to replace.

Im pulling my hair out over it :censored:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
have a look at the fuse box & see if you can hear which relay it is? they're all under the steering column

phil472

Im prettys ure it's relay 100. Now the only problem is finding a replacement. I guess calling Seat is the best option

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise