Headlamp bulbs?

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
hi everyone looking at chnage the bulbs in my leon as i do alot of night driving dont really fancy drilling for plug and play HID's so jsut fancyed coem better bulbs been lookign at the Philips Diamond vision bulbs was wondering if anyone hs tried these and what they think?
if not what else do you recomend is best to go for?
cheers Cal

I've used philips in past cars and found the results too be much better than oem, i have xenons on the cupra but have uprated the high beam to osram nightbreakers and they have also helped, before the beam was a little yellow and now its a lot whiter, not sure if they are better than the philips but at £11 delivered they are cheap enough.

Either Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Xtreme Power (both H7 for dipped beam). I used the Philips before I got a HID kit. They seem to put much more light onto the road compared to the standard bulbs. I use Nightbreakers for main beam as I didn't think a HID kit would be very good for flashing when needed.

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
I've tried the X-treme's and Nightbreakers in my Leon and both are very good

However Ring have brought a new bulb out - Xenon Max 100% which I have fitted now and in my opinion give a little better light output than the Philips or Osram and the light output on the Ring bulbs is whiter

Got mine from Autobulbs Direct

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Ring-Xenon-Max-100-12v-55w-NEW-pair.html

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H1-Ring-Xenon-Max-100-12v-55w-pair-NEW.html

I'm sure if you search on here there are a couple of discount codes that might work :whistle:

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
been lookign at the Philips Diamond vision bulbs was wondering if anyone hs tried these and what they think?

I had these on my Type R and while they do look like HIDs the light output is poor compared with the bulbs I have mentioned above.

If you are doing a lot of night driving you would be better looking at the Ring, Osrams or Philips X-treme

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
thanks for the replys think im going to order some ring bulbs from autobulbs before i do which sidelights do you recomend though i might aswell change themall whilst im there?
cheers Cal

Essentially, the 'blue glass' bulbs look whitish and quite nice next to bright halogen dipped/main bulbs. But they'll still look yellow compared to HIDs.

I got some Philips blue glass sidelights (I think they're called Bluevision?) free with some bulbs I ordered. I used them until I decided to buy LED sidelights to get a more bright white colour. Then I ended up buying a HID kit because my Philips Xtreme Power dipped bulbs looked yellow compared to the LED sidelights... it's a slippery slope, I tell ya! ;)

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
I've got the bluevision sidelghts in mine and they are a good match for the Ring bulbs.

If you are going to change the fog lights they also have the Ring Xenon Max 100% bulbs in HB4 fitting which work on the facelift leon

Last edited:

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
I've ordered some phillips x-treme ' s 80% high and low beam for my leon , it will be interesting to see how they compare to standard bulbs , i read several good reviews on these.

Last edited:

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
just ordered soem Ring H7 and H1's and soem philips blue vision side lights all for £41.84 see what there like when they arrive:) thanks for all your advice guys:D

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
I've ordered some phillips x-treme ' s 80% high and low beam for my leon , it will be interesting to see how they compare to standard bulbs , i read several good reviews on these.

I've tried them in my FR and they are a very good bulb with good light output and there is certainly very little between the offerings from Ring, Philips and Osram in there high output bulbs.

You'll notice the improvement over the standard bulbs [B)]

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Auto Expres has recently tested headlight bulbs (H7s) and the Philips Extremes come out top, with the Osram Nightbreakers 2nd. See AutoExpress - products - Bulbs, We test 30 However they may be a bit biased as the bulbs are tested at the 'Philips light tunnel in Aachen, Germany'.

I have Philips 50% for dipped and Nightbreakers for main on my Fabia and you CAN tell a difference. :)

Please remember that the retro-fitting of HID (Xenon) bulbs in normal headlights is ILLEGAL!

Last edited:

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
my Ring automotive H1's and H7's came with my Phillips blue vision side lights on monday drove it straight into the factory and fitted them, drivign home on the night could tell the differance very impressed with them and would reccomend to others.
thansk for everyones advice again
Cal

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.