Headlamp mist

ROBD--M15RPD

Dec 5, 2006
Chelmsford Essex
Good evening I have just purchased a 2007 leon TFSI. I only have one problem that is the drivers front headlamp appears to have mist on the inside. Has anyone had this problem and know how its solved. Thanks in advance to all SCN members.

jdearden

Seat won't do anything unless there is an actual puddle of water, every car i've owned has had headlamp condensation.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Been plenty of past posts on this, it is common, especially when cleaning but usually disappears shortly afterward, prolonged condensation in winter and on cold evenings.

Have had this on both my Leons but nothing to worry about, unless as already posted you have a puddle!

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
best thing to do is take ur rear covers off, turn the lights on and let it dry out.

then purchase new covers from seat - few quid from my memory and then fit. - the seals on the new covers seem to be a lot thicker and it stops the steaming up.

if flooded with water like mine were, fire it over to the dealer when its at its worst so they can see it. no doubt get a new pair of headlights like i did.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members