Headlights

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Hi guys.

For a long time my headlights don't sit flush with the front bumper on my Cupra R and was hoping to get that sorted. Is there some adjustment to move it about? Bumper off job I guess?

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Yes sorry it’s bumper off to get too the bottom two fixings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate.

Would you know if there is some room for adjustment? The passenger side doesn't sit right see attached
IMG_20200714_093828.jpg

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Need pictures off the whole front and even take one with the bonnet open as the slam panel may not be lined up correctly for them to be that far out

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Need pictures off the whole front and even take one with the bonnet open as the slam panel may not be lined up correctly for them to be that far out

Hey bud sorry I just saw this. I'll move the car later get a better picture. The other headlight looks a little better but perhaps the opposite issue where it sits too inwards

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Tried to get a shot to show both sides but tricky I'm no good with the camera . Could it be the slam panel need readjusting? How would I go about doing that?
IMG_20200714_161135__01.jpg

andycupra

status subject to change
they regularly dont align very well.
there is no adjustment as such. but if you did want to much about with the headlight mountings then there are two at the top which you can access, but the lower mounting points will need bumper off. Each as a round hole which isn't designed for adjustment.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
43a2d32312de33d014f77d3e0aca0d44.jpg

The two bolts I have ringed do they match the two on the other side ?
If not just losen them and give that corner a little push to match the other side

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
43a2d32312de33d014f77d3e0aca0d44.jpg

The two bolts I have ringed do they match the two on the other side ?
If not just losen them and give that corner a little push to match the other side

Hi bud. Thanks for the help. So the passenger side looked a little off compared to the other side so I loosen them 2 bolts and pushed the panel towards the engine and the headlight did move with it but only maybe 1 or 2mm.

Do you think I might be able to get a better fit if I took bumper off?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Hi bud. Thanks for the help. So the passenger side looked a little off compared to the other side so I loosen them 2 bolts and pushed the panel towards the engine and the headlight did move with it but only maybe 1 or 2mm.

Do you think I might be able to get a better fit if I took bumper off?
Id bite the bullet and just go for it. Bumper off (at least that side pulled forward) ans see whats going on.
Think its the way to go.

Rich

Reactions: Mukkyman

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
The lower tabs are the same hole size as the upper ones so there is at least a few mm of left/right movement with the m6 sized bolt. I dug a spare headlamp out and you can see how much play there is.
84AF2937-197D-43A3-8F7A-A521C7A8C801.jpeg

Worth a try with the bumper off.

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
The lower tabs are the same hole size as the upper ones so there is at least a few mm of left/right movement with the m6 sized bolt. I dug a spare headlamp out and you can see how much play there is.
View attachment 16572
Worth a try with the bumper off.
Ahh perfect I think a combination of moving the slam panel and headlight will get me close thank you.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.