Headunit Connection

ibiza_adam

Jun 25, 2009
Just a quick one folks, I have a Pioneer MP3 head unit lying round and was thinking about putting it in the beeza :funk: But is the loom already ISO or do I need to get an adaptor?

Cheers

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
The loom is already an ISO loom, but you will need to swap the switched and pernament lives around (red and yellow) otherwise you'll lose your settings eveery time you turn the car off.

You'll also need to buy an antenna signal booster as the standard unit has this built in.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The loom is already an ISO loom, but you will need to swap the switched and pernament lives around (red and yellow) otherwise you'll lose your settings eveery time you turn the car off.

You'll also need to buy an antenna signal booster as the standard unit has this built in.

Yep, what he said :)

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009

Interesting - my car came with a Sony DAB headunit already fitted and the standard FM etc channels have never worked.

Is this why?