Heated seats (learning function)

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
stabbing at the heater slider with the two finger salute
Yeah, that's a nice-to-use "shortcut", but it only works when you're able to see those 2 damn buttons... :(
When you're driving through darker areas, they are impossible to see. On top of that, if you have a faulty interior lighting module (as I do), you're unable to switch the light on to see the temp. buttons. And then you're stuck with adjusting the heated seats from the infotainment screen - multiple "clicks" :mad:
Octavia mk4 was (still is) so much smarter/practical than the Formentor on this subject...

radiocaf

Jan 16, 2024
Only did reading the manual excerpt above did I realise the learning function only picks up use of heating level 3. I tend to use 3 until warm then drop to 2 or 1, but it never seems to 'get it' and starts on 2 or drops to 1 too soon. Found it useless and have gone back to manual (i.e. stabbing at the heater slider with the two finger salute).
Ah yes, I love the uncertainty that is afforded by the sometimes-slow infotainment unit. You tap with two fingers and have to play "guess if it's going to do what I asked it to" for the next few seconds before giving up, tapping again, and then your seat being instantly put onto level 2 or 1 because you didn't guess long enough.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
After reading the Manual pages kindly posted by @jcbmally yesterday, I checked the "learning status" of the seat heating on my car... It's STILL freaking learning!!! after more than 3 months!
Ok, let's say that it was cold enough to use the seat heating over the past 2 months, but stil... this system it a very slow learner! It was showing something like 75% in the learning process.
By the time it completes the learning process, the car might have a new owner :confused:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
After reading the Manual pages kindly posted by @jcbmally yesterday, I checked the "learning status" of the seat heating on my car... It's STILL freaking learning!!! after more than 3 months!
Ok, let's say that it was cold enough to use the seat heating over the past 2 months, but stil... this system it a very slow learner! It was showing something like 75% in the learning process.
By the time it completes the learning process, the car might have a new owner :confused:
Yeah it seems to be hit and miss with each car. My mate had the exact car at the time and his was a pain, mine took a few weeks but got there in the end.

tzuicomicina

Feb 14, 2023
All good with learning until my wife switches to her profile which resets the learning process for me :) I guess I probably won't be able to use this feature.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members