Heater blower slow

Dec 8, 2022
Hi, all. My son just bought a 2014 Leon fr tdi184 and got a couple of issues with heater system.
its got the climatronic dual controls but first issue is fan power output seems very low. I notice difference in noise and speed of fan as I turn dial up first 4 red bars but the last two or three make no difference.
is that normal and it’s flat out with 4 red bars lite or could this be the fan resistor u/s?
second issue is on the drivers side the screen, feet and face vents all blow cold air when passenge side is warm. Sounds like all controls are operating as air flow direction changes but not temp.

any help really appreciate.
Thanks
dave

Dec 8, 2022
come on guys 97 views and no one got an answer? Be good if someone could just confirm that the heater blower fan increases with speed for every red bar increase on the climate dial please.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
The fan assistance is very poor on my mk3 and it does seem the last few clicks don’t make any difference to the air flow, I’m running it without a pollen filter to provide air with as little obstruction as possible.

Dec 8, 2022
Found that passenger side heat control flap was sticking, frees that up and now got all fans speeds.
had matrix out and seems really clean and flowing, yet oddly filling on side with boiling water doesn’t seem to transfer heat to other side?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Found that passenger side heat control flap was sticking, frees that up and now got all fans speeds.
had matrix out and seems really clean and flowing, yet oddly filling on side with boiling water doesn’t seem to transfer heat to other side?
Sounds like you need a new heater matrix. There are many threads on TDI and heater matrix.

Dec 8, 2022
Is there no know working solution to clean these as seems waste to buy new when only furred up.
Some sort of acid clean??

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Is there no know working solution to clean these as seems waste to buy new when only furred up.
Some sort of acid clean??
As I said check the many threads.
Basically from my own experience cleaning is only a temporary fix - and will block/restrict again in a month of two.
I cleaned my 5 or so times using a variety of cleaning methods.
Brough a new matrix and has been fine for 18 months or so.
You'll pay 3x the price for a matrix now vs in the spring - so if you're are doing the work to save £50 I would flush as best you can and then get a new matrix in the spring.

Reactions: Oriont
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise