Heater issues

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
Evening all. The issue i'm having on my 2010 fr170 is the heater isn't getting as hot as it used too. I say that for the drivers side as the passenger side gets hot but unless you mess with the different heater positions the drivers side just blows cool/warm. If i switch between face/feet/screen etc and even off then on it can kind of reset itself if you get me and blow as hot as the passenger side. I don't use it on the dual function so both temp dials always move together. No damp patches inside the car. I had my front screen replaced about 6 weeks ago but like i say there's no damp in the car so i presume its sealed correctly and not caused this. I have noticed that my windows do get dirty real quick inside lately but i think the pollen/cabin filter is due for replacement. Could the filter have any effect on the heater though? Apologies for the essay and thanks for reading. Dave.

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
Quick update, changed the pollen filter yesterday, was a bit messy with 12 months of leaves etc, but now it blows fantastic. Heat is good and pressure is good too. Only cost £4 after discount at ECP. Nice simple fix.

jonny87

Aug 2, 2019
Ah this is interesting... i have noticed with the colder weather my windscreen is struggling to demist opn the drivers side, in one patch in particular. The rest of the screen clears in seconds as normal, I wonder if changing ny pollen filter will help...?!!

Thanks for the inspiration