Hello - And strange sound help please

CupraRob

Dec 18, 2015
North Warwickshire
Hi all,

First time on this forum so first of all hello to you!

I have just recently acquired a Cupra 280 DSG, which i think is an absolutely awesome machine. Fantastic car. A real Q car.

However, I have a slight concern about a noise which is present on a cold start. Only when the car has been sitting, say over night or all day at work.

On start up, I have about 2 seconds or so of a whine from the engine. Sounds like a power steering pump, or something if it were low on fluid, just a for a second or two, then it goes away. It's done it since brand new with 10 miles on the clock, and now has 1100 on the clock, and no difference.

I was just wondering if anybody with a Cupra has noticed the same sound, or should I get it booked back in at the dealers. Only had the car 1 month.

Thanks,

Rob

matty1000kk

Oct 11, 2011
Hi Rob

I picked up my Cupra 280 ST yesterday (wow what a car!) and the short answer is yes I believe this is normal. Mine is exactly the same.

I had a 1.8 TSI FR before and that was exactly the same as well. I think it has been posted on here before regarding this but i'm sure a few others will confirm this.

CupraRob

Dec 18, 2015
North Warwickshire
Hi Matty,

OK, thanks for such a quick response and your help. That's a relief then. I shall continue to enjoy my phantom black SC beast, safe in the knowledge it's just a 'feature'.

Thanks again.

Rob

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.