Hello! :) / Arosa Chat

Daz_Kez

Hello! :) / Looking To Buy An Arosa

Hello, Been Looking On Here For A While, And Thought I Might Aswell Join :)
I've Decided On An Arosa For My First Car :lol: And Im Looking To Buy One Just After The New Year Probably, Im Looking For A Sport But I Wouldn't Turn Down A Good 1.0 s Offer :)
If Your Considering Selling.... Let Me Know ;)
Pm, Email, Post Here
Cheers,
Daz :D

Last edited by a moderator:

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Welome to the forum, the Arosa is a good car to choose.

If you want speed go for a sport, but if you want something a bit cheaper go for the 1 litre. All good little cars ;)

Daz_Kez

I Just Want A Sport Because I'd Probably End Up Buying One After A Year Or So Anyway,
But I'd Buy A Cheap 1.0 s :p
Cheers,
Daz

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Fancy seeing you on here :p

Whats the difference in insurance quotes you have got between the 1.0 and sport? If you dont mind me asking :)

Daz_Kez

Erm.... Well On My Uncles Insurance The Guy Said My Quote On A 1.4 Sport Could Be Anything Upto £700 Fully Comp
And Im Sure Ive Seen You Somewhere Before ;)

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
£700 isnt bad at all, although you need to be a bit carefull, because if anything happens you need to prove your uncle is the main driver and the car will probably have to be in his name. If you carnt it can void the insurance.

Although i know its tempting, insurance is sooo flipping expensive :(

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Hmm i know.

When i got my first car (an old citroen!) i insured it in my mums name and said my mum was the main user. I could have proved she was though, since my college was like a 5 min walk i only used the car after college.

But when i went to insure my arosa in my name the premium was still high because i hadnt had insurance in my name so no no claims bonus.

So really you only gain the advantage if you stay insured in your uncles name for ages, till your 21 or something, otherwise insurance will still be high for you.

Its best to start with a small engined car, something really cheap to insure and put it all in your name. I wish id have done that now, i still pay £700 for my TDi

SO id go for the 1.0S, even if you get bored with it you can always swap it in a year or two and get a sport or whatever.

Daz_Kez

you seem to make my mind up for me, and you do it well, 1.0 s it is im looking for then :)
cheers mate, your always helping me out

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
:happy: No problem :)

1.0S Arosa still look just as good as every other one, and you can do just as many things to them. After you have had it a year or two and insurance is down a bit you could even do an engine conversion! Which i wouldnt do :lol: but its somehting to think about.

There are some nice arosas around though, i like this one :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/276397.htm

Im not sure if its actually an S model though, it doesnt have S wheels, but i do like those wheels, i want to swap them lol.

Rare colour:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/288126.htm

They are so cheap though, My 1.0S is worth more to me than its actually worth so thats why im keeping it :happy:.

Just think though, it will be your own car, in your name, insured in your name, cheaper to run than a sport. You will forget about its speed, i was never bored with my 1.0S, since it was mine :lol: so speed wasnt everthing.

Daz_Kez

i like the copper coloured one its nice, and rare and expensive, i wonder what the lowest they'd take is... :D interested

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Yeah its a bit expensive, id say about £2500 is more like it. That colour doesnt come up often though so someone might like it enough to pay that.

DOnt forget though, when you are looking, any engined Arosa/Lupo should have a cambelt change every 40K or 4 years which ever is soonest. If it goes its probably a new engine jobby, so factor that into your haggling :)

Have you passed your test yet? or are you getting it to learn in too? Ive forgotten if you had said on CL :confused:

Daz_Kez

To Learn In Aswell As Instructors Car, And I Thought Around £2500 Aswell
Yer I'll Take A Look At Everything, Helps Being A "Junior" Mechanic Lol
Cheers Again

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Thanks for the offer :)

Luckily i know a fair bit myself, im not mechanic but i can change the oil, filters, brakes etc. Its good to be able to do things to your own car :D then you can feel the difference :drive1:

Daz_Kez

yes but can you do an M.O.T? :p lol I Will Be Able To, For £20? Or Somewhere Around There :)

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Nope i carnt :happy:

Think my MOT is about £25 - £30 or something like that anyway.

Its not due for a while, although there is always something to do with them, need to go to the seat dealer and get a fuel filter tomorrow. I ordered it on wednesday, they better have it in, its a 25 mile round trip just to the dealer :lol:

Are you having driving lessons ATM then?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise